Villa Kit 2016/7

Frank Raphael

20 minutes ago, bojong said:

How can they justify charging £25 for delivery to Finland? It's a shirt, it fits in an envelope.

Polar bear protection?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bojong said:

How can they justify charging £25 for delivery to Finland? It's a shirt, it fits in an envelope.

assuming they use a large courier, instead of Royal Mail tracked which would be quite amateur, it's probably not far off what they get charged. couriers have really carefully calculated prices for areas based on their transport costs, the network they use (DHL is German so their mainland Europe shipping is quite cheap, FedEx can ship back and forth to the USA for nothing), frequency of parcels between the two countries and so on. a lot of online shops actually charge less shipping than it costs them, because competition is so high. trust me, retailers hate shipping costs just as much as customers.

edit; and the polar bear protection, of course.

Edited by a m ole

4 hours ago, a m ole said:

assuming they use a large courier, instead of Royal Mail tracked which would be quite amateur, it's probably not far off what they get charged. couriers have really carefully calculated prices for areas based on their transport costs, the network they use (DHL is German so their mainland Europe shipping is quite cheap, FedEx can ship back and forth to the USA for nothing), frequency of parcels between the two countries and so on. a lot of online shops actually charge less shipping than it costs them, because competition is so high. trust me, retailers hate shipping costs just as much as customers.

edit; and the polar bear protection, of course.

No that is not correct. Finland is in international band 2 and the cost should be £15. Thats what i charge and i make nothing and lose nothing. The club are making £10 a delivery. 

7 hours ago, settle villa said:

No that is not correct. Finland is in international band 2 and the cost should be £15. Thats what i charge and i make nothing and lose nothing. The club are making £10 a delivery. 

do they use the same courier as you? do they send the same volume? what is the average volumetric weight of parcels you send vs the parcels they send?

contracts are tailored to the business, your contract and prices are unique to you.

also, are they distributed from Villa Park, a U.K. DC or under armours US DC?

Edited by a m ole

On 7/29/2016 at 17:12, a m ole said:

do they use the same courier as you? do they send the same volume? what is the average volumetric weight of parcels you send vs the parcels they send?

contracts are tailored to the business, your contract and prices are unique to you.

also, are they distributed from Villa Park, a U.K. DC or under armours US DC?

I bought the home & away top a couple of weeks ago. The club got it to me in Australia in 4 business days or so through DHL. Free delivery from the UK because I spent X amount but personally the service was excellent.

• Like 1

I saw a picture of Agbonlahor on twitter holding up the back of the jersey and it had 'Energy Bet'  on it. But looks like that was just a promotion, rather a fixture for the entire season.

Hi all

I found this out today, I always like to have my initials and number special to me (69) on my training gear that I tack around the flat in.

However the shop won't do this as the Under Armour gear is special heat resistant fabric and the numbers are applied with heat to activate the adhesive.

I checked some pics of the players training and they don't hair their initials or numbers. However I did find one pic of RDM with his.

Can anyone give me the solution to this problem please?

15 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Hi all

I found this out today, I always like to have my initials and number special to me (69) on my training gear that I tack around the flat in.

However the shop won't do this as the Under Armour gear is special heat resistant fabric and the numbers are applied with heat to activate the adhesive.

I checked some pics of the players training and they don't hair their initials or numbers. However I did find one pic of RDM with his.

Can anyone give me the solution to this problem please?

Super- glue or a sharpie.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what colour the text and numbers are on the back of the away kit? 

It scared me trying to order one today with name and nunnery on it when the image on the site showed it in white...!?

Anyone else had one done as I didn't see any away tops with writing on at the boro game?

4 hours ago, AtkinsonWonderGoal said:

Does anyone know what colour the text and numbers are on the back of the away kit? 

It scared me trying to order one today with name and nunnery on it when the image on the site showed it in white...!?

Anyone else had one done as I didn't see any away tops with writing on at the boro game?

I can't remember off the top of my head as my kit is at home and I'm at work, but it definitely isn't white! At a guess I'd say black.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for bringing up a dead-ish thread, but does anyone have any idea when the women's Away shirt will be available to buy?

On that note, does anyone know why the women's away top is delayed? Seems really odd to me :/

23 minutes ago, Chewie said:

Apologies for bringing up a dead-ish thread, but does anyone have any idea when the women's Away shirt will be available to buy?

On that note, does anyone know why the women's away top is delayed? Seems really odd to me :/

You need to get yourself on Twitter and ask the dr in person! Same with you Neil, ask why JD didn't have your size!

Spoiler

I'm joking, please don't...

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

You need to get yourself on Twitter and ask the dr in person! Same with you Neil, ask why JD didn't have your size!

Hide contents

I'm joking, please don't...

I actually tweeted AVFCOfficial, and unsurprisingly got **** all back. 

On 25 August 2016 at 07:14, Basygh said:

Dr Tony actually answered that a week ago or so!

Thanks for the link man. I guess he is saying it WONT be available until end of Sept? :( 

• Like 1

Finally got my grubby mitts on the home top, by which I mean I held it in a shop (€75 ?!?! You must be joking).  Must say I wasn't bowled over by the quality.  There was the odd stray thread.  Very lightweight which is obviously the design, but it came across as almost flimsy. 

Â