Villa Kit 2016/7

Frank Raphael

On 2 July 2016 at 17:06, LakotaDakota said:

Not the best of starts for the new kit

AVFC Ladies 0 - 8 MCFC Ladies

Off topic (sorry mods) but citehs ladies team budget would rival some lower championship team budgets. I'm of the understanding that the expenditure on ladies teams can be used to offset loses in regards to FFP. On topic love the new kits & training wear. 

I think the tight kit is better for the team, less shirt pulling, or at least more difficult. I could never work out why rugby jumped on that obvious advantage quicker than football. However when the fans start slipping into these tight numbers we might see why :)

Seriously though kit looks ok, I like the away one, bit of a change.

• Like 1

I went into the New St store today and everything is a really tight fit. I fancied the training jacket but the XXL was the only size to fit comfortably across the chest but the arms were crazy long. This was with a t-shirt on beneath, considering there would be a couple of layers beneath during games at winter then I decided to give it a miss. 

To wear Under Armor gear properly I think you need to be an athlete. 

My new shirts arrived this morning and look fantastic. Pretty good delivery time considering they came from the other side of the world in less than 4 days! I didn't have an issue with the size, they seems to be the same as the Macron ones for fit.

On 02/07/2016 at 23:47, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Football players with boobs.

A pointless observation. Carry on.

God do you have to bring Gabby into every thread? :P

17 hours ago, Collyflow said:

My new shirts arrived this morning and look fantastic. Pretty good delivery time considering they came from the other side of the world in less than 4 days! I didn't have an issue with the size, they seems to be the same as the Macron ones for fit.

They don't at all. Ive had a large macron away kit every year with no problems, this year with UA it's an XL and I'm relatively slim.

UA large away was fine length wise when I tried it on today at Villa Village but a little bit tight across the chest and the sleeves were a tad small/short. The XL I ended up getting is a tiny bit baggier but it's just right across the chest and the sleeves are the right length also. 

If you're a M/L then Large will be fine, if you're an actual Large then it's XL this year I'm afraid.

Oh and the chap at VV said UA aren't doing long sleeved at all this year, only short sleeves.

5 hours ago, slowandlow said:

Piss poor that the kids home kit isn't available til the end of September.

Kids want it for the school holidays and their summer holidays

I posted this last Friday on attending the new store opening and was very disappointed  to be told this as well.  I won't be buying it at all now as kids don't get long in it as it is, but most want it for the summer holidays.   To be honest the prices shocked me a bit too, so a blessing I suppose.  

Sorry but I can't help feeling that the blue sleeves on the home shirt and training gear looks too pale or washed out.

My peak years of watching villa was in the umbro period from late 70's where the blue was such a deeper, richer colour. It won't bother me if we piss the league wearing the UA kit but these days football fashion is big and I think it just looks like it's already faded in the wash before you even wear it.

Meh :mellow:

• Like 1

The blue is the least of our problems in my opinion. Someone at the club needs to learn what colour claret really is. Hint: it's not purple or pink.

Â