Villa Kit 2016/7

Frank Raphael

Seen a chap wearing the new away kit at Bilbao BBK festival last weekend. Have to say it looked really nice in person.

Also saw a guy with an '82 away shirt on as I was leaving on Sunday. That looked even nicer! 

Shout outs to you two if you're on here.

6 hours ago, Mantis said:

This may have been addressed already but what are the sizes like? Is the medium closer to Nike's medium or Macron's medium? Need to know because I'll be ordering mine online.

From what I've read earlier in the thread, an Under Armour medium is like a normal child's small. 

16 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

From what I've read earlier in the thread, an Under Armour medium is like a normal child's small. 

Yeah but how do they compare to the Macron kits?

I'm a fairly slim guy of average height. Used to get Nike medium shirts but then got small with Macron.

13 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yeah but how do they compare to the Macron kits?

I'm a fairly slim guy of average height. Used to get Nike medium shirts but then got small with Macron.

from what I've read and seen they are like the same sizes as our Nike kits, but slim fit like the later ones, I remember the earlier Nike kits just had a more classic cut.

Edited by a m ole

On July 11, 2016 at 23:29, alreadyexists said:

I actually quite like the numbers, much better than the previous number and letter typeface the FL used. 

This is last years, eugh;

COCA--COLA-League-FNTText.png

I actually don't mind these. But I like that this is even a discussion.

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I actually don't mind these. But I like that this is even a discussion.

They look good on the screen, but horrible on the shirts. Nothing says lower leagues like that hideous FL font.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

They look good on the screen, but horrible on the shirts. Nothing says lower leagues like that hideous FL font.

@maqroll lol, it's horses for courses I suppose but I think last years (and for a few years back I think) just looks so tacky... Looks like the sponsor should be 'Mike's Washing Machines' , or 'Stratford Road Auto Spares' on the front with that typeface.

@Keyblade I agree, they don't look as bad on screen, they're bad on shirt though. The new ones are much better, rounded, and the stripe is retro and will incorporate shirt colour in the the number nicely.

Can't please everyone though!

Edited by alreadyexists

Cracked today and got a home shirt with Petrov 19 on the back and a personalised away kit. Helped a bit by the battering the Pound has taken since Brexit...cheers Britain :P

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My team at work bought me a shirt for my leaving present.

It's very smart. Only complaint would be that the Claret is indeed quite a pink shade. Reminiscent of the Diadora NTL shirts if people remember them.

Also a small criticism for my team is that they used the Premier League numbers on the back which is a bit of wishful thinking :D

Edited by Stevo985

Â