Villa Kit 2016/7

Frank Raphael

Anyone who has seen the home kit in person; what's the colour like? Please say it's actually claret and not that horrible pinky colour Macron used. It looks darker on the photos which is promising. Blue looks a bit too pale though.

Also, how does the fabric compare? I always thought Macron's was too shiny and cheap-looking.

Edited by Ginko

The villa ladies are wearing the new kit today and they have posted up pics of it line up in the dressing room. Looks good except for the blue is again far too light.  The claret looks a better shade than macron. 

2 minutes ago, slovenian said:

126ckqw.jpg

Don't think I've seen someone playing with the collar all buttoned up before.                                                                     :thumb:  :)    

Could be a new thing catching on? Like the ol' Cantona flipped up collar thing.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Don't think I've seen someone playing with the collar all buttoned up before.                                                                     :thumb:  :)    

Could be a new thing catching on? Like the ol' Cantona flipped up collar thing.

Stephen Quinn. Always used do it for Ireland.  He looked (even more) riduculous. 

Edited by limvillian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

Anyone who has seen the home kit in person; what's the colour like? Please say it's actually claret and not that horrible pinky colour Macron used. It looks darker on the photos which is promising. Blue looks a bit too pale though.

Also, how does the fabric compare? I always thought Macron's was too shiny and cheap-looking.

Went into the New Street store yesterday and it's a lot darker than Macron.  Material is very lightweight. Did not try it on and did not buy it either. It's nice and both shirts will look the part next season.  Bloody expensive though!!

Looks quite purple on those pictures. Was hoping for something more red and dark like the colour of our shirts when Nike manufactured them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

Looks quite purple on those pictures. Was hoping for something more red and dark like the colour of our shirts when Nike manufactured them.

Nike are the only manufacturer to produce a proper claret in recent years. I'll wait until I see it with my own eyes, but those photos seem almost as bad as Diadora's purple abominations.

looking at it on football shirt culture, hard to know how much of it is coming from villa fans and how much of it is from neutrals, they let you have a vote on the shirt, ranked as masterpeice, good, above average, average, nothing special, bad, hall of shame

home kit 204 votes 83 for masterpiece, 12 negative 

away kit has 204 votes, 111 for masterpiece, 16 negative

I've got both shirts. Both L and the Away fits different to the home in my opinion. Going to swap the Home for the next size up as its too tight across the chest. 

overall quality is much better than the Macron kits, but that was to be expected really.

Really happy with both of the kits and the detail on the badge is much better

Edited by benireduk

Having just been the shop the kits are great as are all the leisure wear. A lot of stylish simplistic stuff and some lovely training gear. I look forward to the next 5 years of good kit. 

Â