Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

1 minute ago, Richard said:

But from your comments about signing players you do not feel we should be signing anyone now so that they have a chance to bed in.  What's the difference between them and the manager?  See for me if we had of signed a couple then you would have more chance of the manager staying and not needing him to bed in.  besides which the recent noises from the club they seem to be saying a constant turnover in management is what has hampered us before so a scouting committee is in place to enable consistency of playing staff no matter who the manager is.

So why is there a difference in your opinion between a manager having time to bed in and players not having that same time?

Managers are different to players. A new manager will need to assess the squad and decide who's in his plans and who isn't.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Managers are different to players. A new manager will need to assess the squad and decide who's in his plans and who isn't.

As I've said.  The noises from the club is that a constant change in manager / coaching / style / player likes etc is something they feel has been an issue and would want to avoid.  The scouting committee is in place to try and ensure consistency of playing staff recruitment and the coach is seen by them as someone who can come in and work to that and the consistent style they have in place.  

From that it is far more important that a player or two comes in and settles quicker and that is the emphasis the club have placed on that.  If they had got a couple this window then you are more likely that the boss would be staying anyway.  

1 minute ago, Richard said:

As I've said.  The noises from the club is that a constant change in manager / coaching / style / player likes etc is something they feel has been an issue and would want to avoid.  The scouting committee is in place to try and ensure consistency of playing staff recruitment and the coach is seen by them as someone who can come in and work to that and the consistent style they have in place.  

From that it is far more important that a player or two comes in and settles quicker and that is the emphasis the club have placed on that.  If they had got a couple this window then you are more likely that the boss would be staying anyway.  

And that's precisely why I think we will spend in the summer.

The club have also said it took a while for players to settle this year and that also hampered us.  So i have to say I am more than a little perplexed ,  going back to the point,  that you dont see the benefit of signing a couple now so they have a chance to bed in

If no new signings then I hope we use the rest of the season to get games into the likes of Lyden, Sellers etc.

If we have no plans to try and stay up now we need to know which of the young guys will be part of our survival efforts in the Championship.

• Like 3

Just now, Richard said:

The club have also said it took a while for players to settle this year and that also hampered us.  So i have to say I am more than a little perplexed ,  going back to the point,  that you dont see the benefit of signing a couple now so they have a chance to bed in

I've already explained. You don't have to agree with it but I have already laid out my position.

Also, I never said I was dead against any signings, just that I can understand why we're not signing anybody.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Some of these posts read like a job application to Villa's PR department, there's absolutely no excuse for not signing any players this window.

sure the club have realised its more important to sign people for PR department than the meaningless football team

Remi: get out now. Leave.

Whatever you think about his disappointing results, the board have stitched him up. 

He's being a consummate professional but his credibility is going to go soon.

We need a statement from the club: I don't want the club to go to the dogs financially, but come on, we've come out of this looking like a joke.

Surely the board can't think that the media and fans will say 'what a plucky club' for setting up like this. I live down the road from Chasetown FC and they're run far better than us. Non-league acumen.

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I've already explained. You don't have to agree with it but I have already laid out my position.

Also, I never said I was dead against any signings, just that I can understand why we're not signing anybody.

I'm with you. however, im feeling like if the reason we've missed out on a player Remi wants is because we won't pay a bit extra then I am annoyed.

Liverpool of the 70s and 80s they were successful by buying up identified young talent and putting them in the reserves. 

They then had time to get used to playing for a new club, getting used to their new surroundings and expectations.

With this in mind I cant understand why we cant go out now and pick up say the Walsall Fullback and just bring him into the club and let him develop behind the scenes ready for next year.

With other teams looking at players who are ready now to either keep them up or get them promoted we should be picking up players not quite ready now but ready for next season.

Last time we did anything like that was Mark Delaney.

5 minutes ago, Ponky said:

If no new signings then I hope we use the rest of the season to get games into the likes of Lyden, Sellers etc.

If we have no plans to try and stay up now we need to know which of the young guys will be part of our survival efforts in the Championship.

I've run out of likes!  I agree with this.  I would dispense now with any playwr we would like to shift out or are not in the long term plans (as we did with Senderos for example) and fill the team with whatever U21 players we have left.  Lets not completely waste the next 15 games,  the club may have written them off but lets use them and get some benefit out of them

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Some of these posts read like a job application to Villa's PR department, there's absolutely no excuse for not signing any players this window.

You can make all sorts of excuses for not signing players but for me they are far outweighed by the positives to be had from actually signing players

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Inflated prices, players don't want to come here and there is no point signing anybody because the outcome will be the same, relegation