Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

It's all part of a master plan save on transfer fees and wages and bung the opposition £1.5M to throw each game between now and the end of the season!  

41 years of supporting this club and it's never been this bad :(

6 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

We should have signed a striker on Jan 1

We're on hold until the summer now.

It will be one of the biggest summer's in Villa's history. If we don't back Garde then it's game over

Being a pedant the window didnt open until the 2nd. But we should've had a striker agreed before then so that they could have joined up asap.

How many more points would we have right now if we had a decent striker the last month? How many games did we play well but have no end result? How many more players could we have then signed later in the window?

We could've at least tried to stay up or start preparing for a promotion run next season. Doing nothing the whole window is unforgivable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

We should have signed a striker on Jan 1

We're on hold until the summer now.

It will be one of the biggest summer's in Villa's history. If we don't back Garde then it's game over

I agree with the points, sadly I just don't see the board making any sort of meaningful investment. I personally think he will quit once he realises (if he hasn't already) the scale of cuts to come, and I honestly wouldn't hold it against him.

Its a no win situation for him. 

39 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Those comments from Garde are genuinely upsetting.

He sounds like a beaten man.

He has been hung out to dry. 

26 minutes ago, DrUnKeNbUm said:

why do i care about this poxy club so much!!  :angry:

Its because we care so much that these words removed can get away with it. 

8 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

How many more points would we have right now if we had a decent striker the last month? How many games did we play well but have no end result? How many more players could we have then signed later in the window?

We could've at least tried to stay up or start preparing for a promotion run next season. Doing nothing the whole window is unforgivable.

Exactly this.  See Afobe for details.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

He has been hung out to dry. 

Not the first under this ownership and won't be the last. They are there to shield the owner and they will keep being put there - time and time again because they know we give managers time (rightly) and for those periods and thought of targeting the owner subsides. We are being screwed constantly and managers are not the problem, nor is Ashley Westwood or Brad Guzan - it's not their fault the club is in this state but they are an easy target!

If we were in 6th place right now we wouldn't have a new chairman and Lerner would be at more games. 

5 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Exactly this.  See Afobe for details.

I think we could have convinced Afobe to join and he would have scored goals, helped us get promoted back up if we did go down and I think his value is only going to increase.

43 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Well next season will be interesting , 2 teams who have spent big will go down with us.So lets see how they do compared to us ...

This is why I simply do not get the argument for not spending. I've saw posts saying 'well if Newcastle go down after spending all this money they are going to be in trouble'

No. If Newcastle go down after spending all this money, they will win that league in absolute canter. 

Mike Ashley may be a word removed but he is a shrewd businessman. Randy Lerner is a word removed, and a terrible businessman. That's why his head in sand approach to this transfer window hasn't caught on at other clubs. 

1 minute ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

Whilst this window has been a new low can we try and get some 'Remi Gardes claret and blue army' chants and general support going at the games. This January, like us he has been stabbed in the back and we could do with showing our support wparticularly to him whilst stating which side we sit. The manager and to some extent players need to know our anger is mainly towards the clowns upstairs and this shambles of a transfer window. Let's not allow the media to lambast us and not allow the board to place the manager or players in the firing line. They've hid for too long.

Brilliant words. 

Just now, ReasonforRevolution said:

Whilst this window has been a new low can we try and get some 'Remi Gardes claret and blue army' chants and general support going at the games. This January, like us he has been stabbed in the back and we could do with showing our support wparticularly to him whilst stating which side we sit. The manager and to some extent players need to know our anger is mainly towards the clowns upstairs and this shambles of a transfer window. Let's not allow the media to lambast us and not allow the board to place the manager or players in the firing line. They've hid for too long.

Yep I like that idea. Maybe 'Remi Garde's Claret and blue army' followed by 'We hate Randy Lerner' and repeat.

1 hour ago, Agbonla-score said:

Beeb earlier reported the Debuchy deal fell through because we wanted a loan and Arsenal wanted a perm deal.

Now it's been reported he's on his way to Bordeaux ON LOAN until the rest of the season.

Can't be arsed to post links, sorry. At work.

A right back is really not a priority, so ok with that. It is a goal scorer we need, put all our meagre resources towards that. 

the lack of signings says it all, the new chairman says its not £ that builds a team.. he bang on ! look at leicester, is leicester for sale? nope the board are all pulling in the same direction,

the day RL put the club f/s that was it,players know if they dont perform its ok as no players will be brought in to replace them, its a cancer

a very dark day today as the manager has not been backed ,we can only guess now what game we get relegated.apart from that their nothing to look forward to this season

6 minutes ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

Spot on mate. Remi has been hung out to dry by these clowns running the place. We should show our support for him whilst voicing our anger at Lerner and co for the absolute f*****g shambles they have created here. 

The Cleaveland Browns fans did warn us....

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

I thought we would bring two or three in during Janaury (and still think a couple will turn up) however if there is no incomings then it wouldnt surprise me

I think Fox and Hollis are resigned to relegation. 

I think that they know that if they don't back Garde in the summer he will rightly be off

They will need to find a net spend of £30m (minimum) if they harbour any ambitions of coming back up and hanging on to Garde

It would surprise me if anyone at all came in today. Any reporters who are at VP or BH today should be told to "move along there is nothing to see here".  

I think you are 110% right to the extent they seem to rather relish the prospect. 

I think that may be a plan. They might feel he will walk after this which would save them having to pay him off in the summer when I think they will be looking for a manager that will work for significantly less in any case.

£3m net would be nearer to the figure I am expecting. In fact I would not bet against a net profit on next summer's window. We always expect the next window to be different than the last.   

I wonder if Fox & Hollis will see their wages reduced next season? Somehow I doubt it. They are more likely to get a bonus for spending nothing this month as our "custodian" always intended and placing the blame for this on our league position and the players we tried to sign rather than where it belongs. Our club has become a laughing stock!   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Not the first under this ownership and won't be the last. They are there to shield the owner and they will keep being put there - time and time again because they know we give managers time (rightly) and for those periods and thought of targeting the owner subsides. We are being screwed constantly and managers are not the problem, nor is Ashley Westwood or Brad Guzan - it's not their fault the club is in this state but they are an easy target!

If we were in 6th place right now we wouldn't have a new chairman and Lerner would be at more games. 

Completely agree. 

Worryingly though, the next managerial search is likely to be from a pool of Manager's that are just thankful for the work, so with embrace the owners model rather than question it.  Then we are in real trouble.