Jump to content

Transfer Speculation January 2016


Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

https://twitter.com/simplysellars Breaking news of our first signing of the window on Twitter!!!

TRANSFER NEWS: We are delighted to announce the signing of Fackin NoWan Story here: http://bit.ly/1eNkaZt  #AVFC

Embedded image permalink

like this so much but run our of them!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that everything that can be done to point the finger at the real culprit here - Lerner- should be done. I like Fox, and I think he is in the same position as Garde, in that the purse strings are held by Lerner, and that will restrict anything he might want to do. I think both have been hung out to dry.

And Lerner's intentions will now come through a middle man - Hollis.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, av1 said:

For all my anger towards the board, I'm more angry with myself for expecting anything else. 

 

Im angry with fans who have not seen this coming and refused to accept it to be honest.  Basically if there was more passion in the response to this then we would have prolonged and intensive campaigns against Lerner.  He wins by apathy and by selling the fans a line many bought and refused to give up until the reality smacks them in the face.

Sorry I appreciate that wont win me many fans on here but to be frank my fan club is a dwindling number anyway because I have been saying this for years

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew deep down that we wouldn't sign any players this window but there was always that glimmer of hope that just maybe something would happen.

Yet again the board of AVFC have let us down as fans and I bet not one of them will stand up and explain the reasoning behind this decision.

Why when we are desperate don't they approach Gayle, even if it's a loan deal?!?!

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Im angry with fans who have not seen this coming and refused to accept it to be honest.  Basically if there was more passion in the response to this then we would have prolonged and intensive campaigns against Lerner.  He wins by apathy and by selling the fans a line many bought and refused to give up until the reality smacks them in the face.

Sorry I appreciate that wont win me many fans on here but to be frank my fan club is a dwindling number anyway because I have been saying this for years

No amount of protesting or whining will have changed Randy's mind about this window. It's a business decision and a fairly logical one to be honest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Richard said:

Im angry with fans who have not seen this coming and refused to accept it to be honest.  Basically if there was more passion in the response to this then we would have prolonged and intensive campaigns against Lerner.  He wins by apathy and by selling the fans a line many bought and refused to give up until the reality smacks them in the face.

Sorry I appreciate that wont win me many fans on here but to be frank my fan club is a dwindling number anyway because I have been saying this for years

I don't agree at all that there's anything us fans can do to force a sale.

The guy doesn't turn up to games - so protesting there doesn't add an ounce to the cause. What can you protest about? "Wheres our money"? - its his. All his. Its his club too. Entirely. He doesn't answer to a board of directors, he doesn't represent a large shareholding - he owns it entirely.

Therefore, you can get as angry as you like - there is f*** all you can do.

If you destroyed his credit rating maybe - he'd fail the fit and proper ownership test but I think that takes a lot more work than protests!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PieFacE said:

No amount of protesting or whining will have changed Randy's mind about this window. It's a business decision and a fairly logical one to be honest.

It's not just this window.  His actions have led us to this.  His actions over a number of years.

Logical business wise? well there can be a case for that.  But any case is vastly outweighed by the football reasons for additional players.  That is a big issue for us the battle between business and football.  We are a **** football club.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chrissmith921 said:

I don't agree at all that there's anything us fans can do to force a sale.

The guy doesn't turn up to games - so protesting there doesn't add an ounce to the cause. What can you protest about? "Wheres our money"? - its his. All his. Its his club too. Entirely. He doesn't answer to a board of directors, he doesn't represent a large shareholding - he owns it entirely.

Therefore, you can get as angry as you like - there is f*** all you can do.

If you destroyed his credit rating maybe - he'd fail the fit and proper ownership test but I think that takes a lot more work than protests!

I didnt mention protests.  That would only be a part of it.  There are enough clever fans to use their passion to come up with a innovative and radical campaign that does not rely solely on protest.  Use the anger as a motivation to find one

Link to post
Share on other sites

Situation feels hopeless as it stands. If those running the club just give up then what message does it send out to those 'below' them and the team. I fear this 'window' is a distillation of things to come. The future looks so very bleak.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Richard said:

It's not just this window.  His actions have led us to this.  His actions over a number of years.

Logical business wise? well there can be a case for that.  But any case is vastly outweighed by the football reasons for additional players.  That is a big issue for us the battle between business and football.  We are a **** football club.

Yeah, i get what you're saying, but lets say we chucked loads of money at it and still got relegated, the club would be in a terrible position then and everyone would be blaming Lerner for overspending.  I don't think there's much more we could have done this window given our position. I would have liked us to have tried to sign a couple of Championship ready type players, and who knows we may have? Or maybe they are waiting for the summer for that.

 

I guess from the boards point of view, they don't want to add to the squad too much now so that when we're relegated we don't need to rip up the squad due to overspending in this window. That's a point of view I can appreciate. Lerner put the club at huge risk under MON by completely overspending on wages, doing the same now would be ridiculous. It's not like we didn't try for Remi's targets either, it's just that we couldn't convince them to come, which is a bit different. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Garde could of been really good for Aston Villa if he had of been given some type of chance.

He came in to a struggling team, playing headless chicken tactics under TS and a squad of players that couldn't be bothered.

We are here on deadline day, with no players that he has picked to shape our team around and the lack of backing from Lerner is disgusting.

We are going down, we won't get straight back up and we will be bloody lucky if we don't go down again next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Donniewyer said:

 we won't get straight back up and we will be bloody lucky if we don't go down again next season.

probably best to see what happens in the summer first before making statements like this.

there will be big changes in the summer

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KHV said:

probably best to see what happens in the summer first before making statements like this.

there will be big changes in the summer

Big changes?

What planet are you on? The only possible change might be with Garde resigning!

Lerner will only spend money on players via player sales, like he has done for the last 2 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think anyone expected the club to be chucking money around like Newcastle but to seemingly do nothing at all is negligent. Even someone like that Christian Santos would be at least something to have some sort of hope, something/someone to get behind and have a slight bit of hope. He'd be cheap as chips in both terms of fee and wages compared to most PL signings and would probably do a job in the Championship next season but there just doesn't seem to be anything at all from the board. Garde put forward targets like Doumbia, the few that went to Sunderland, Remy, Debuchy. If the club had little intention of backing those sort of signings then they should have let Garde know so he could at least give them some targets on the cheaper end of the spectrum. It seems like Garde's worked hard trying to get these players when the club had no real intention of getting them in at all.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Im angry with fans who have not seen this coming and refused to accept it to be honest.  Basically if there was more passion in the response to this then we would have prolonged and intensive campaigns against Lerner.  He wins by apathy and by selling the fans a line many bought and refused to give up until the reality smacks them in the face.

Sorry I appreciate that wont win me many fans on here but to be frank my fan club is a dwindling number anyway because I have been saying this for years

Maybe it's the optimistic nature of the football fan, but I was laughed at yesterday for suggesting that a long stay in the Championship was on the cards. There are even arguments in defence of not spending this month, we are sleep walking into lower league oblivion with this clown at the helm. 

I'm not quite sure whether it's apathy, denial, or some romantic notion that we will bounce back stronger as champions of championship. 

Randy Lerners decisions are the reason we are in this mess, why people think it's going to get any better is beyond me. We need to halt the decline before we can start thinking of improvement, and we can only do that once Lerner is gone. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

 Are people going to tell me that we'd have no chance of signing someone like that?

We probably could have if we wanted him but we didn't.

Seems like Garde wanted Doumbia and a keeper. No chance of signing Doumbia and didn't the keeper we want have permit issues?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â