Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Just now, Mantis said:

We've been massively **** for months tbh. Nothing much has changed.

I am actually curious about this. Are you so certain of relegation from the Championship that you're prepared to bet a large amount on it?

Hang on I said more than lerner spent this window.  That is not a large amount. In fact give us 2p and I'll give you change!

Just now, Richard said:

Hang on I said more than lerner spent this window.  That is not a large amount. In fact give us 2p and I'll give you change!

I wasn't referring to your joke. You urged people to lump money on us going down next season and I was just curious whether you'd be doing the same?

Just now, Mantis said:

I wasn't referring to your joke. You urged people to lump money on us going down next season and I was just curious whether you'd be doing the same?

Ive said before I tend not to bet.  Bet as much as you can afford to lose.  I think we will be struggling next season in the Championship.  You dont youve said so often enough.  Fair play to you for that.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Why would he wait until then?

Only on the basis of the few posts I've seen in the last few pages saying he would stick with the players until the end of the season. I wouldn't blame him for leaving now to be honest.

Edited by NulliSecundus

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Ive said before I tend not to bet.  Bet as much as you can afford to lose.  I think we will be struggling next season in the Championship.  You dont youve said so often enough.  Fair play to you for that.

Convenient.

Just now, NulliSecundus said:

Only on the basis of the few posts I've seen in the last few pages saying he would stick with them until the end of the season. I wouldn't blame him for leaving now to be honest.

If we was going to go before next season I'd rather it was now. As I said, I think it will come down to whether he's backed in the summer.

In all honesty what's it matter if we don't sign anyone today, we should of went all out and made a couple of signings 3 or 4 weeks ago to give ourselves a proper chance of staying up. Gonna be majorly depressing these next few months...

• Like 1

Manuel Pellegrini out of a job in the summer as Pep Guardiola is confirmed for Man City. Wonder if Pellegrini fancies a job at a League 2 team pretending to be a Championship team with some real pieces of shit at the helm.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 1

Just now, Richard said:

Why

So the new manager has more time to bed in before next season. Everyone knows we're going down now so while our options will of course be limited I don't think they'll be a great deal more limited now than in the summer.

I thought we would bring two or three in during Janaury (and still think a couple will turn up) however if there is no incomings then it wouldnt surprise me

I think Fox and Hollis are resigned to relegation. 

I think that they know that if they don't back Garde in the summer he will rightly be off

They will need to find a net spend of £30m (minimum) if they harbour any ambitions of coming back up and hanging on to Garde

That quote from Garde is telling. He's, admirably, speaking calm in front of the press but behind the scenes I bet he's absolutely fuming. He wanted 5 players this window, ends up with 0. I feel sorry for the guy. 

• Like 3

Just now, Mantis said:

So the new manager has more time to bed in before next season. Everyone knows we're going down now so while our options will of course be limited I don't think they'll be a great deal more limited now than in the summer.

But from your comments about signing players you do not feel we should be signing anyone now so that they have a chance to bed in.  What's the difference between them and the manager?  See for me if we had of signed a couple then you would have more chance of the manager staying and not needing him to bed in.  besides which the recent noises from the club they seem to be saying a constant turnover in management is what has hampered us before so a scouting committee is in place to enable consistency of playing staff no matter who the manager is.

So why is there a difference in your opinion between a manager having time to bed in and players not having that same time?