Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As one of the long time and more optimistic posters, i'm absolutely gobsmacked, deflated and disgusted. WTF is going on at our club!!!???

I'm not criticising you but why are you suddenly feeling that way?

Apart from how we've been run for at least 6 years there were all the clues anyone needed when Hollis spoke.

The next reality check for many will be when all this happens again in the Summer. It utterly baffles me why anyone would still think it won't.

Just now, Richard said:

was about to check on last year actually when I saw your post

So Leicester last year so struggled to get players ,  given their position ,  that they signed Kramaric (striker ) 9M,  Schwarzer (goalie) free, Fuchs (what Randy is doing to us) free and Huth for 3M

The stuff about 'our position' is utter guff. The fact that fans fall for it makes me consider getting back to selling snake oil and elixirs of life, seems there would be a lot of takers !!

Just now, terrytini said:

I'm not criticising you but why are you suddenly feeling that way?

Apart from how we've been run for at least 6 years there were all the clues anyone needed when Hollis spoke.

The next reality check for many will be when all this happens again in the Summer. It utterly baffles me why anyone would still think it won't.

Yep.  We cant attract players now and we are in the premier league with a remote chance of staying up.  How are we going to attract them when we will be competing with 23 others to actually get back up?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Some of these posts read like a job application to Villa's PR department, there's absolutely no excuse for not signing any players this window.

I'm not seeing anyone making excuses for the "board", I think people are just trying to make some sense of a bad situation

I can understand not signing players now IF it will impact our ability to invest in the summer

However, IF this were the case I would expect Garde to be onboard and to be saying different things than he is saying

It seems really odd - surely Garde extracted agreements around what would be possible in January. IF the club has gone back on these I'm surprised Garde is hanging around. IF they have kept to there agreement (ie little investment now) I'm surprised Garde seems so unsettled

5 minutes ago, Richard said:

So Leicester last year so struggled to get players ,  given their position ,  that they signed Kramaric (striker ) 9M,  Schwarzer (goalie) free, Fuchs (what Randy is doing to us) free and Huth for 3M

And I bet they regret th....oh hang on. 

Just now, Richard said:

Yep.  We cant attract players now and we are in the premier league with a remote chance of staying up.  How are we going to attract them when we will be competing with 23 others to actually get back up?

Absolutely.

And those are the problems we would have if we did want to sign anyone any good. But we won't want to - it's not about spending money remember.....

Oh yes, we'll sign a few, it may even get as far as Lamberts "'young and hungry' Mark 2, the Pauper version" - a couple of interesting prospects from Crewe, an unproven up-and comer from wherever.  Then we'll add in a few new Bakers and the like from our Youth Team, get shot of Ayew and Amavi, and it'll all be great.

9 minutes ago, Richard said:

Ah, but apparently we have no chance of signing anyone and shouldn't expect to...