Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

There plan is keep money now plan to get promoted ..from the guys who where in charge of the spending in summer which worked out so well.

To give up with 5 games to go is one thing to give up with 15 is not defendable.The manager is clearly **** off as are the fans they have zero ability to bring the club together we are an utter shambles.

They wont be getting a penny out of me for tickets ,merchandise AvfvTv subs scription etc ..that much i can assure them of .

From the Guardian liveblog:

Here’s some more stuff from Remi Garde, and it doesn’t exactly paint the best picture of life at Aston Villa, even though we did rather know that would be the case already.

On transfers in general:

The situation of the team at the bottom of the table was not something easy to deal with for new players but it’s not the only reason. It was also a financial problem but it’s not my job to explain that again. Probably the club realise mistakes have been made in the past and they didn’t want to do it again.”

On Seydou Doumbia, off to Newcastle instead of Villa:

I spoke a long time with the player and I spent a lot of energy to convince him but he chose another club, that’s life.”

And on disappointing the fans...

I am disappointed because I know I represent this big club. I am not coming in front of the fans with good news. I always said I will not run away. I feel the way I am working, and the way I see the club, I feel the support.”

That sounds positive!

s4iqqigtgesiiutrjh1t.jpg

18 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Ah, but apparently we have no chance of signing anyone and shouldn't expect to...

Yes, incredible, looks like our Board could convince some fans of anything.

Do people really think that the extra 8 points Newcastle have is why they can attract several decent players and we can't attract ANYBODY at all.  Not 1 decent player in the whole world would come here?  Really ? Nothing to do with the money ?  It isn't because they've spent loads of money ? 

My word. (thanks Ray)

The average prem wage is £40k per week - the average championship wage is £10k. Any player coming in would have been expecting a 75% wage cut in less than half a seasons time. There is no chance in hell that any player worth having, in January, would be choosing us over any other premiership side. For that reason, I can understand why nobody of that quality has come in. We could however have gone shopping in the championship - but Remi had his targets and none of them came.

• Like 1

Well if only I knew it would be worth it I'd happily go and just sit outside the ground.  Wouldn't miss anything anyway.

But it isn't worth it.  Said it before, the only sane, realistic thing to do is stop going, because he isn't going anywhere and he isn't going to invest.

I genuinely think Lerner couldn't care less if the stadium was empty, and I would be hugely unsuprised if I woke up one morning to find he'd sold us lock stock and barrel to Barrets for new homes.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

The average prem wage is £40k per week - the average championship wage is £10k. Any player coming in would have been expecting a 75% wage cut in less than half a seasons time. There is no chance in hell that any player worth having, in January, would be choosing us over any other premiership side. For that reason, I can understand why nobody of that quality has come in. We could however have gone shopping in the championship - but Remi had his targets and none of them came.

...and what's the average salary for Championship clubs who get promoted? Probably a hell of a lot higher than £10k. Pointless statistic.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

sure the club have realised its more important to sign people for PR department than the meaningless football team

the whole PR department will be sacked once we are relegated. i dont think people realise what is going to happen to the club once it gets relegated. there will be cuts across the club as we wont be getting the money we use to receiving

Whatever mistakes have been made, no investment is going to send us into obscurity. It would be funny if it wasn’t so devastating. We were hanging on by a thread a few weeks and our hapless management have cut it through their actions –  God knows where we will land.  We’ve suffered from poor management and shit performances for years, but this is beyond anything we have seen IMO.  I am totally sickened by their lack of fight, their incompetence and what they are turning us in to.  Hope I am wrong about them and they pull something out of a hat, but just don’t see it.

Edited by Gary Thomas

Every decision the owner has made has been disastrous, I'm not even sure why I'm still surprised by it. 

His decisions over the last 5/6yrs guaranteed relegation, and the decisions he has made over the last 6/8 months has ensured we will stay there for a long, long time. 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

That is precisely what the Board want us to think, and I'm not having it.

Clubs in all sorts of positions in this Country and others, in this League and others, manage to sign players if they want to.  How on earth do you know they would have had to take a pay cut ?  FFS if we'd bought 1 player they could've promised him triple the average Premier League salary for 2 years if they'd wanted to, without our books going to cock.

Players still move for many reasons, not always wages.  And why not guarantee them a move if hey want to go ?  And what about the zillions of Leagues where £10k would seem like the earth ?

Yet you really believe that every single decent player on the planet would refuse to come here ?

Nah. If you pay, you get.  But they don't WANT to pay, haven't they made it clear enough !!

Just now, Jareth said:

And your point is...

That they would not have to take a 75% wage cut, because you're calculating that based on dodgy figures ((10-40)/40 = -75%). 

The reality is that based on what should be our obvious goal, immediate and automatic promotion, we will not be keeping a wage bill in line with that 'average'.

I'll sign today to play up front or in goal for £1k a week. No fee.

I'm 6ft 6 and I can run. I can't promise I'll score or save anything, but I can give you a display of passion.. And humour..

• Like 3

Just now, Sam3773 said:

I'll sign today to play up front or in goal for £1k a week. No fee.

I'm 6ft 6 and I can run. I can't promise I'll score or save anything, but I can give you a display of passion.. And humour..

Sorry , what are you like on infrastructure ?... that's what we need really.....

• Like 2

Sorry , what are you like on infrastructure ?... that's what we need really.....

I can do a spot of plastering if required. Also have been known to be a bit handy with a paintbrush.