Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

To be honest I really don't want a **** right back, we need strikers and attacking players, a new right back adds virtually nothing. 

It frees up Bacuna to play in midfield. Also Debuchy is decent going forward and would add something in an attacking sense.

If it's instead of a striker or attacking midfielder I'd be against it but Debuchy is quality and am hoping getting him wouldn't stop us from signing someone else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael118 said:

It frees up Bacuna to play in midfield. Also Debuchy is decent going forward and would add something in an attacking sense.

If it's instead of a striker or attacking midfielder I'd be against it but Debuchy is quality and am hoping getting him wouldn't stop us from signing someone else.

Bacuna is poor in midfield, he simply doesn't have the skill set to play there. 

Debuchy has about 3 assists to his name at Arsenal. Defensively he is an upgrade on what we have, but the idea he will offer an attacking threat is misplaced I think. 

The best way to improve our attacking threat is to buy a couple of attackers. Controversial I know, as that would require some money and a owner that gives a sh*t. 

1 minute ago, useless said:

Unless we sign a striker to score goals, all other signings are pointless, given our position in the league.

I agree to an extent, I still think debuchy would add to our side, if we can get debuchy and a striker, I would be ecstatic 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Unless we sign a striker to score goals, all other signings are pointless, given our position in the league.

Garde just confirmed both Kozak and Gestede are injured and hoping one might be fit for Tuesday....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

It frees up Bacuna to play in midfield. [1] Also Debuchy is decent going forward and would add something in an attacking sense. [2]

If it's instead of a striker or attacking midfielder I'd be against it but Debuchy is quality [3] and am hoping getting him wouldn't stop us from signing someone else.

1] Why would we want to do that? Bacuna seems even worse in midfield. 

2] He has a very small number of assists during his time in the PL. 

3] He's okay. 

I see what you're saying, but the reality is we need a striker more than anything else. If this uses any money that a striker would have taken, it's a bad idea. If this uses a squad space needed for a striker, it's a bad idea. If this uses anybody's time or energy that could have been spent getting a striker, it's a bad idea. 

• Like 1

To put it simply "We are ****! "

I have never witnessed such a depressing season and an even worse window.

The people who run the club don't want to sign any players why have they not been honest and said that from the start.

Didn't even bother with today's game and went out for a walk with the dogs for 90mins far more enjoyable than watching this current pile of shit!

I just wish Lerner would **** off and take his numptys with him.

Sadly can see us doing a Wolves & Leeds

Why are people arguing whether we should get a right back or a striker, and not agree we need a right back AND a striker. (and a goalkeeper, possibly a centreback, maybe a winger and probably another striker too.) 

15 minutes ago, Dorset77Villa said:

Didn't even bother with today's game and went out for a walk with the dogs for 90mins far more enjoyable than watching this current pile of shit!

It's amazing doing something that isn't depressing on a Saturday, isn't it? I took the dog out before the game: schoolboy error.

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

Bacuna is poor in midfield, he simply doesn't have the skill set to play there. 

Debuchy has about 3 assists to his name at Arsenal. Defensively he is an upgrade on what we have, but the idea he will offer an attacking threat is misplaced I think. 

The best way to improve our attacking threat is to buy a couple of attackers. Controversial I know, as that would require some money and a owner that gives a sh*t. 

I like Bacuna at right back but he's played well in midfield also. I remember him standing out earlier in the season when played next to Gueye in central midfield. Out of all our midfield options he seems most willing to take a risk and drive forward to create opportunities for the strikers.

I am not sure about Debuchy's stats at Arsenal but I remember him getting involved in a lot of Newcastle's attacking play and being an instrumental part of it.

8 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I like Bacuna at right back but he's played well in midfield also. I remember him standing out earlier in the season when played next to Gueye in central midfield. Out of all our midfield options he seems most willing to take a risk and drive forward to create opportunities for the strikers.

I am not sure about Debuchy's stats at Arsenal but I remember him getting involved in a lot of Newcastle's attacking play and being an instrumental part of it.

To be perfactly honest mate (i should have said this in my post above) i saw the 3 assists stat mentioned on here a few pages back so it may not be completely accurate. 

33 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

3] He's okay. 

I see what you're saying, but the reality is we need a striker more than anything else. If this uses any money that a striker would have taken, it's a bad idea. If this uses a squad space needed for a striker, it's a bad idea. If this uses anybody's time or energy that could have been spent getting a striker, it's a bad idea. 

1. We have no midfielders who pose any kind of threat going forward except Bacuna. 

2. Not sure about his stats but I remember him doing a lot of nice things in build up play for Newcastle in particular.

3. I reckon he's better than okay so we'll have to agree to disagree. 

Yes we need a striker more than anything else and if it was one or the other I would take the striker as well. Hopefully it isn't.  

6 hours ago, VillaCas said:
3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Conspiracy theorists? Have you paid any attention to Aston Villa and how Lerner has run the club in recent years. I think your opinion that Garde is being backed for whoever he wants is the sort held by men with tinfoil on their head. 

Yes ive paid attention and as far as i can see he has continually backed managers with money...the problem has been the idiots he has employed to spend that money...directly or indirectly.

Hypothetically....if randy has said to remi, ok here's 50 million quid to spend, get who u want....who do you think he would be able to sign?

Plenty who are not better than we already have, plenty that are not good enough, and the very few that are just ain't gonna come to a team who are 10 points adrift!

Who would you like us to sign?

9 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Continued to back managers? Like when we signed Dawkins and Grant Holt? When we had a net spend of around £9 million in the summer? With the wages lambert had to offer? 

It's quite clear Garde has not got anything to play with this window. Our situation makes it near impossible to sign decent players. But I don't for one second believe Garde has the resources to try.

2 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

Garde strikes me as someone who will sign a first choice target or nobody at all. I don't think he will rate money for the sake of it! 

No.....thats a far to balanced and intelligent view.

He's being told who he can sign

He's being told who to employ as assistant  (have to speak french)

He's being told that he has NO money to spend

He's being told to forget this season and start buying championship players.

He's being told that hollis has come in to asset strip

He's being told to put in an offer of 5 million for a keeper who we know won't be able to get a work permit, just so it looks like we're trying

You've missed out on a lot of inside info nnock1984...do keep up! 

:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

3] He's okay. 

Beat me to it, Debuchy really isn't that good, he's just a solid, premier league level right back, an improvement on what we have yes, but at this stage not going to make much of a difference. 

He barely has any assists in this league so it's not clear he's even that good going forward and as you point out, freeing Bacuna up more isn't good to achieve much, Bacuna is shite most of the time. 

• Like 1