Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

I understand that we aren't in the position to spending big money to survive like Newcastle. Although lets face it, if we were one point of safety we still wouldn't. The failure to sign anyone on loan or players that can improve us in the championship is an absoloute disgrace. Still haven't managed to get rid of any of the dead wood either which is equally disappointing

• Like 1

Some dead wood has gone...cole, Bennett, crespo, illori.

We have just about the worst bargaining position with players, be it loan, prem quality or champ quality.

We can hardly say its a disgrace. Newcastle will be in a similar position next season...thats if they stay up....even by spendin 17mill.

See season under lambert, re cisshoko & others that they spent millions on

53 minutes ago, Richard said:

You can forget Loic Remy

Apart from Chelsea wanting about £12m and Remy probably wanting about £100k a week. What makes you think this deal is unlikely? :)

i come back here a couple of times a day to see if there is anything going on - there isn't

news now tells me any players we were interested in - are signing for other clubs or staying put

any other news publication tells me all the clubs round us are signing strikers and making some small attempt to give a damn.

we are wrangling over a short term loan and a goal keeper, neither of which will make any real difference to our plight (maybe a new keeper will be good next season).

all i have to hold onto is tales of scouting missions - which in all cases the press have no clue as to why our scouts or manager were at those games.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Some dead wood has gone...cole, Bennett, crespo, illori.

We have just about the worst bargaining position with players, be it loan, prem quality or champ quality.

We can hardly say its a disgrace. Newcastle will be in a similar position next season...thats if they stay up....even by spendin 17mill.

See season under lambert, re cisshoko & others that they spent millions on

Crespo and Ilori aren't dead wood though really, they might still come good long term. The actual deadest of the dead wodd is still stealing a kings ransom every week. 

If Newcastle get Remy too and stay up after their outlay this Jan and we put some sort of form together, get close, but still go down it'll be hrd to swallow the seeming unwillingness to spend anything this window when the club have repeatedly said that the money is there to spend. Admittedly they have paid over the odds, but they are giving it a go. It's risky if they still go down but I'd imagine all the new contracts have relegation clauses anyway to minimise the damage wage wise.

We really need 3 or 4 new faces to stand any chance fo building on the great work Garde has done so far which is starting to bear fruit. Keeper, Debuchy, Striker and a defensive midfielder or better left back than Cissokho could spark a little winning run...

...as it stands, the first time we get the wind knocked out of our sails Garde will have to carefully put back the shattered pieces back together again and we'll be relegated in March! 

Happy days. 

I'm just surprised that we went through the trouble of bringing Garde in, plus trying to get his backroom team together, but we are seemingly not willing to back him in this window to try and put his own stamp on the team. Can't always be simple to expect a manager to work solely with the existing squad if there is an opportunity to change things.

8 minutes ago, supermon said:

Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham and Aston Villa locked in £25m striker battle

SEVERAL Premier League clubs are battling to sign Marseille striker Michy Batshuayi, according to reports

:D

i am sure that striker will see coming to us as the best option out of that list

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I'm just surprised that we went through the trouble of bringing Garde in, plus trying to get his backroom team together, but we are seemingly not willing to back him in this window to try and put his own stamp on the team. Can't always be simple to expect a manager to work solely with the existing squad if there is an opportunity to change things.

You're surprised we're being run by incompetent people? 

24 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

It's clear the Garde's trying to bring in people so there is backing from the club. Anyone who's good enough to help us in our current position is only going to come here as a last resort - ie. on deadline day.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, supermon said:

Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham and Aston Villa locked in £25m striker battle

SEVERAL Premier League clubs are battling to sign Marseille striker Michy Batshuayi, according to reports

:D

vwMin.gif

• Like 3

15 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Mame Diouf has fallen out of favour at Stoke recently...didn't make the 18 tonight.

Might be available on loan, I'd take him. Scored 12 league goals last season despite missing 6 weeks through playing the AFNC and has pace,

He started against Leicester in the league the game before.  I don't think he's "out of favour".

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Aston Villa being 'locked in battle' with Liverpool and United for a player is like trying to fight a gorilla in a phone booth.

More like being the only woman in a bukkake party.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Aston Villa being 'locked in battle' with Liverpool and United for a player is like trying to fight a gorilla in a phone booth.

Well all three are completely shit.