Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

If not Benteke then we need to pull of some other similar transfer coup to help us out. Maybe Remy or Austin might be more realistic. We were being linked with Embolo again a month or so back, but somehow that feels unlikely. Benteke on loan wouldn't surprise me if possible. Would give him games before the Euros and might help him get a move from Liverpool, if he's not in Klopp's plans. Maybe Ings might be available.

49 minutes ago, useless said:

If not Benteke then we need to pull of some other similar transfer coup to help us out. Maybe Remy or Austin might be more realistic. We were being linked with Embolo again a month or so back, but somehow that feels unlikely. Benteke on loan wouldn't surprise me if possible. Would give him games before the Euros and might help him get a move from Liverpool, if he's not in Klopp's plans. Maybe Ings might be available.

it would surprise me as its illegal ;)

• Like 1

I wasn't sure, that's why said 'if possible', but if we can return the defender we have from Liverpool, then maybe something can be done. Although if we're going for a loan then I'd imagine that Remy might be more probable.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Think Ings might have a slight knock mate :/ 

• Like 3

Klopp was scouting Benteke when he was at Liverpool and he is getting game time, not 90 mins every game but a decent amount compared to the other Liverpool forwards. I would love for him to come back but it is not going to happen. Liverpool would not release him and I doubt he would come back so soon even if they did, it would admit leaving was a mistake.

Benteke isn't returning , but I'm not convinced he is going to have much of a future at Liverpool either 

Doesn't seem to be like the Benteke we come to know and love. He needs to be the main man I think. Struggles when partnered with another.

Think its more he doesnt work hard enough when not on the ball.Also he runs offside alot all things he did with us to be fair.

• Like 1

now we are blaming Sherwood for damaging confidence of players that dont even play for us anymore ;)

Sherwood was right though, Liverpool were never going to play the football he needs to thrive and was quite clear at time from their transfer window

• Like 1

Klopp was scouting Benteke when he was at Liverpool and he is getting game time, not 90 mins every game but a decent amount compared to the other Liverpool forwards. I would love for him to come back but it is not going to happen. Liverpool would not release him and I doubt he would come back so soon even if they did, it would admit leaving was a mistake.

Leaving was a mistake though as he is now finding out.