Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

The DA at Dadeville, Alabama has stated these our our kids. Do not mess with our kids. 

It's a bit late mate.  The threats are too late. 

I’m pretty sure the next part of the threat involves having more guns. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Absolute madness.

Funnily enough, I was picking my lad up from school a few weeks back and another pupil randomly got in the back before realising his mistake. It never occurred to me worthy of murder.

Wrong offence mate, that's kidnapping

• Haha 1

Thats not bad,you can lose your life by,going to school,getting into the wrong car,going to a party,going shopping.Seems the only place you are safe is if you go to a gun shop to buy a bigger gun ?!

Edited by PussEKatt

What's insane is this...within a few days of each other:

-shooting at 16th birthday party

-shot for accidentally turning in the wrong driveway

-shot for accidentally getting into the wrong car

And there is no urgency for reforms, it's like everyone just bats an eye and moves on

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, a-k said:

What's insane is this...within a few days of each other:

-shooting at 16th birthday party

-shot for accidentally turning in the wrong driveway

-shot for accidentally getting into the wrong car

And there is no urgency for reforms, it's like everyone just bats an eye and moves on

35 were shot in Chicago last weekend, 8 killed

That's a quiet one

For what it's worth my wife and I both voted for the candidate in the Denver Mayoral race who was standing for gun reform. 

I believe the statistic is in the mid- 70% of US citizens who want sensible gun reform. The loudest voices are those on the pro gun side but they are in the minority. Sadly the politicians are bought and paid for.

• Like 1

You look at those gun advertise for kids and you realise many many Americans are being brainwashed.  From cradle to grave they're taught owning guns and shooting things is absolutely normal. 

The gun lobby is actually a cult.  They've created a nation of obsessed gun fundamentalists. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, a-k said:

Honestly, I'm starting to think this is a much deeper problem than just access to guns. Not in any way shape or form pro-gun, but what kind of mentality do you have to have to try to end someone's life because they accidentally pulled into your driveway, accidentally thought your car was theirs, accidentally rang your doorbell instead of the neighbours', or accidentally had a ball bounce onto your property? And it's not even a one-off incident too. The mentality of people..."in retribution to this person annoying me by accidentally showing up at my house instead of my neighbours', I think it's fair that in return I end their life", like death is no big deal. Yes, these incidents very unlikely to happen with strict gun laws, but that's beside the point I'm trying to make here.

You wonder if there is ANYTHING that would change the conversation now.  It's so entrenched. 

If, I don't know, a bunch of guys mounted the roof of The Super bowl with machine guns and gunned down 5,000 people, what would the reaction be? 

Oh dear, thoughts and prayers.  Need to increase Superbowl security. 

They had that Las Vegas country music festival thing, almost forgotten already. 

I'm certain there is literally no tragedy now that would change anything. 

I'm a little suprised we've not seen an active shooter at a NRA meeting in all honesty, someone whose relative has been a victim of one of these shootings taking revenge on the enablers. 

Just now, sidcow said:

You wonder if there is ANYTHING that would change the conversation now.  It's so entrenched. 

If, I don't know, a bunch of guys mounted the roof of The Super bowl with machine guns and gunned down 5,000 people, what would the reaction be? 

Oh dear, thoughts and prayers.  Need to increase Superbowl security. 

They had that Las Vegas country music festival thing, almost forgotten already. 

I'm certain there is literally no tragedy now that would change anything. 

I'm a little suprised we've not seen an active shooter at a NRA meeting in all honesty, someone whose relative has been a victim of one of these shootings taking revenge on the enablers. 

Totally being flippant here, but some might even say the players should carry guns in their uniform to be able to protect themselves at all times

• Haha 1

Â