The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Shit. For once I might have not checked my facts and it might be number 10. 

I know Brown and Blair did the 11 and 10 shuffle and I think Cameron and Osbourne did too, not sure what happened after than

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I know Brown and Blair did the 11 and 10 shuffle and I think Cameron and Osbourne did too, not sure what happened after than

It is. Just checked. Its the number 11 flat. 

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

I dunno. Felt a bit more like a fishing expedition to me.

You might be right, I guess we'll see.

The thing that stuck me was that both with the wallpaper and the "Bodies piling up" things - in essence we (and Starmer more so) are aware that there is evidence to suggest wrongdoing - the multiple sources who swear they heard Johnson say that "bodies" line, and the paper trail around the payment for the decorating.

On the Straight (well not straight, but direct) "No" answer to the one question, there might be weasel room, because the question was "can the Prime Minister tell us, did he...[do bad thing]"? and the answer was No - but No I can't tell you, or No I didn't do [bad thing]? Time will tell, I guess. But he's seemingly a pathological liar, so I know where my money would go.

3 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Obviously Boris is in the shit now, and BBC have shown spending on no10 flat in the previous years.

My question is, what the hell do those people do there?!

An average of £30k a year to refurbish/renovate a flat?

How much coke, pretty ladies and expensive exotic animals can one place hold?!

I've lived in my flat 8 years and haven't spent a penny! 

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

No chance. The whoppers love him and there are far too many of them now. 

I don’t think he’ll last a full term, but only because he’ll give up/be forced out his party and replaced with another Eton w****r.

Joe public think he’s ace and sticking it to the woke lefties.

The country is in the bin and will be for quite some time. 

I think this is what I find quite sad at the moment and wonder how we got here. I think Brexit is a big part of it. 

I find it so strange that you'd destroy your own ethics so that you can wind people up. 

Same with Trump. A lot of his voters know he's a terrible person but loved the way he owned the libs. 

Just can't understand having that mindset. 

• Like 3

Tory woman on BBC R4 at lunchtime: ‘what we have to remember is this Prime Minister has had to fight for his own life and then has fought for the lives of others, he can’t be expected to do everything and be responsible for everything, if someone has helped out for the benefit of Britain we should be grateful’.

Tories definitely come in two basic varieties. A heady mix of thieving bullies and kiss arses.

• Like 2

Johnson hardly answered a question today at PMQ's something he does pretty much every week. A decent speaker would surely have pulled him up on it by now. Lindsay Hoyle has got to be the weakest speaker I can remember though. You'd never think he was pulled from the Labour ranks and it seems in his pursuit to be impartial he has gone way too far to the right. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I don't know what I'd be more disappointed in finding out; that a private 3rd party paid for his flat makeover, or that we the tax payers did. 

I’m sure us tax payers did, somewhere along the line. 

13 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Johnson hardly answered a question today at PMQ's something he does pretty much every week. A decent speaker would surely have pulled him up on it by now. Lindsay Hoyle has got to be the weakest speaker I can remember though. You'd never think he was pulled from the Labour ranks and it seems in his pursuit to be impartial he has gone way too far to the right. 

His responses are always the same. Dodge the question and then rant for 5 minutes about stuff Labour has done, despite it having absolutely no relevance to the question, with his backbenchers foaming at the gash behind him.

Looks great when it's clipped and put on twitter, probably exactly what he wants

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

His responses are always the same. Dodge the question and then rant for 5 minutes about stuff Labour has done, despite it having absolutely no relevance to the question, with his backbenchers foaming at the gash behind him.

Looks great when it's clipped and put on twitter, probably exactly what he wants

As has been said, the crime here is the speaker letting him get away with it. I’m surprised the opposition let the speaker let him get away with it.

• Like 2

Explosive emails revealed in a hearing on our legal challenge over direct awards of PPE contracts show civil servants raising the alarm that they were “drowning in VIP requests” from political connections that do not have “the correct certification or pass due diligence”.

One email shows a civil servant warning that when VIPs “jump to the front of the queue it then has a knock on effect to the remaining offers of help.”

For ordinary people the pandemic was a tragedy. But for well-connected VIPs it was the chance of a lifetime – huge fortunes were up for grabs. What this civil servant is saying is that it became more of a tragedy because so many VIPs – overwhelmingly introduced by Ministers – were interfering with civil servants’ ability to purchase the PPE needed by healthcare workers on the frontline.

Remember Ayanda, the company linked to Liz Truss, fast-tracked through the VIP Lane – who supplied £155m worth of unusable face masks to the NHS frontline? This email shows Ayanda threatening to escalate their bid to ministerial level and another includes a civil servant warning of the Ayanda deal “the bar seems to have been lowered on this one.”

This is the cost of cronyism – good administration suffers, efficient buying of PPE suffers[...]

]Good Law Project (more on link)

• Like 1

Â