The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

31 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Get Boris done.

No chance. The whoppers love him and there are far too many of them now. 

I don’t think he’ll last a full term, but only because he’ll give up/be forced out his party and replaced with another Eton w****r.

Joe public think he’s ace and sticking it to the woke lefties.

The country is in the bin and will be for quite some time. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Swerbs said:

The line of questioning from Starmer makes me think the tapes exist.

Definitely. 

"You've heard the PM's answer. Let me remind you that ministers who deliberately mislead the house will be expected to resign. I'll leave it there for now"

(paraphrased)

That was a very ominous answer from Starmer!

53 minutes ago, Swerbs said:

The line of questioning from Starmer makes me think the tapes exist.

He sounded ominous when he said "I'll leave it there for now, but we'll return to this" (or similar). You wonder whether it isn't almost a set up piece - get him to incriminate himself this week (lying to Parliament) and then next week, or later, reveal the "gotcha".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

Ha HA @Stevo985 - posted at the same time!

Haha yep!

I don't know about tapes but it certainly sounded like he knew there was something coming that would prove Boris is lying.

You're right, it very much sounded like he was setting a trap.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

That'll be the QC in him setting it up and I am sure he will get found out next week if not sooner. To be honest, he may not actually have anything, he just knows Johnson is a massive liar. PMQ certainly seems to be Starmer's strong point at least. 

I am however under no illusions that Johnson won't resign nor will it matter to the majority of the people when he doesn't. The only joy is that even the right wing media is now having a pop. It may be that we are finally getting to the end now that he doesn't have their full support. After Johnson though, I struggle to think of any other "media friendly" Tory MP, meaning that there may be that swing next time we are looking at elections. 

Obviously Boris is in the shit now, and BBC have shown spending on no10 flat in the previous years.

My question is, what the hell do those people do there?!

An average of £30k a year to refurbish/renovate a flat?

How much coke, pretty ladies and expensive exotic animals can one place hold?!

24 minutes ago, blandy said:

He sounded ominous when he said "I'll leave it there for now, but we'll return to this" (or similar). You wonder whether it isn't almost a set up piece - get him to incriminate himself this week (lying to Parliament) and then next week, or later, reveal the "gotcha".

I dunno. Felt a bit more like a fishing expedition to me.

It's clearly for the purpose you've described, but it struck more of a "get it on the record in case something we don't know about turns up" line rather than a "opening the noose for you to put your head through" line. 

17 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

That'll be the QC in him setting it up and I am sure he will get found out next week if not sooner. To be honest, he may not actually have anything, he just knows Johnson is a massive liar. PMQ certainly seems to be Starmer's strong point at least. 

I am however under no illusions that Johnson won't resign nor will it matter to the majority of the people when he doesn't. The only joy is that even the right wing media is now having a pop. It may be that we are finally getting to the end now that he doesn't have their full support. After Johnson though, I struggle to think of any other "media friendly" Tory MP, meaning that there may be that swing next time we are looking at elections. 

I think if he loses The Sun then he's done.

17 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

My question is, what the hell do those people do there?!

An average of £30k a year to refurbish/renovate a flat?

My assumption, would be that they buy very expensive furniture and then take it with them. I guess is Carrie buys a £15k antique armoire, when it's time for her to move out she can put that into her next house. I'm not sure if that's exactly how it works, but it would explain why the next PM needs a new £15k armoire.

I find it difficult to believe that Boris would want to spend his own money on something that he'd be gifting to the next occupant. I find it difficult to believe he'd even want to spend someone else's money on anything he wasn't gifting to himself.

Â