The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 minutes ago, darrenm said:

The Tories are now further to the left on many things than Labour. Bizarre.

This won't be as open and democratic as it would have been under Corbyn's proposals. The Tories will be handing the contracts for the services to their friends and family, none of which will have ever stepped on a train, let alone own and operate a fleet of them.

2 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

This won't be as open and democratic as it would have been under Corbyn's proposals. The Tories will be handing the contracts for the services to their friends and family, none of which will have ever stepped on a train, let alone own and operate a fleet of them.

yeah I've seen it's not really nationalisation. There's a few other things the Tories are doing which current Labour are tracking to the right on, mainly economically e.g. the corporation tax rise. The Tories seem to have realised that being economically left and socially right is the magic formula while Labour are trying to be centre right economically and socially.

• Like 1

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Is she and that coat for real? 

Every day is like waking up in the twilight zone.

I bet that coat cost about £2k (on expenses of course)

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

More like the Get Out Of Your Home Secretary, right guys? 

School Ministers goes to schools and Prison Ministers go to Prisons.

She has to go somewhere at some point,  not the best picture in the world either but she is what she is so don't be surprised. 

She plays to the crowd and annoys all of us,  like a talk show host pressing peoples buttons. 

I believe her to be highly intelligent and poisonous,  avoid !

4 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Rail services to come under unified state control

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57176858

So the main thing everyone (incorrectly) criticised Corbyn for, i.e. "nationalising everything", is slowly happening anyway.

Not actually remotely like the truth, Corbyn actually jumped on a bandwagon started by a group called Bring Back British Rail. BBBR were founded in 2009, long before Corbyn was Labour Leader and pre-Corbyn had some serious traction in the Media and on Social Media. They also garnered a fair amount of cross-party support (except Tories.) They lost the public eye around the time of Corbyn being elected Labour Leader (And no I'm not blaming Corbyn. I think it is coincidental)

Founded in 2009, Bring Back British Rail strives to popularise the commonsense idea of re-nationalising the ludicrously over-priced and over-complicated railway system, which the people of Britain have been left with as the result of privatisation in the ’90s.

Together with our ‘sister campaign’ Power For The People, we aim to highlight the disastrous consequences of the privatisation of our essential public services, which has caused prices to soar whilst standards have fallen. We will ensure that the history of our once proudly publicly-owned services and utilities is not forgotten!

This website, and our Facebook, Twitter and Riseup communities, aim to unite disgruntled rail passengers and disheartened train employees all over the country, to give us a collective voice. Together we are demanding a re-unified national rail network run for people not profit.

There were also discussions on VT about the subject back then, due to BBBRs campaigns highlighting the issue

Â