The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Print media is a dying industry.

One of my friends has a subscription only magazine. She loves it and it just about pays its way, if you don’t really study the figures too hard. But it has to be seen as more of an art project than simply a paper based magazine. I think a bit like the whole vinyl record schtick. People are enjoying the magazine arriving through the post, the look and feel and the artwork and the typesetting.

But it’s never going to be selling thousands via WH Smith’s.

News Corp just lost $1.5billion because no one wants to put adds in their newspapers anymore when they can put user targeted adds on Facebook or Google instead.

If you’re the marketing manager at a car manufacturer (for example) where are you going to spend your advertising budget? Paying to put an add in a newspaper where you hope someone reads it or putting it on Google/Facebook where it will be shoved in the face of anyone who types ‘new car’ into their search engine/feed?

Home secretary Priti Patel has conceded in an interview on LBC radio that her parents might not have been admitted to the UK under the immigration rules she is proposing.

Interviewer Nick Ferrari – who traces his own background to an immigrant in the catering industry – told the home secretary that under her own rules: “You wouldn’t be here.”

She replied: “Yeah, but also let’s not forget we are not changing our approach to refugees and asylum seekers, which is very different to a points-based system for employment and that particular route.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/priti-patel-immigration-laws-parents-home-office-brexit-a9343571.html

29 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I love that taking back control basically means asking France for more help.

On a serious note Brexit will likely mean the end of the ‘Dublin III’ regulation for the U.K. which will mean the U.K. is no longer able to send asylum seekers back to the EU country they passed through on their way to the U.K. 

Kind of ironic really. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Why's this topic halfway down the page when the country is in a catastrophic recession caused by the pathetic performance of the "your money is safe with us" Tories?

Incompetent shite, still riding high on a tidal wave of xenophobia, nationalism and, ironically, Russian interference.

Perhaps there's only so much "look at what the words removed are doing now" people can take?

it's like Trump's monumental incompetence and lies - it just gets normalised and there's nothing new to say.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Why's this topic halfway down the page when the country is in a catastrophic recession caused by the pathetic performance of the "your money is safe with us" Tories?

Incompetent shite, still riding high on a tidal wave of xenophobia, nationalism and, ironically, Russian interference.

Highest per capita death rate of the G7

Worst economic impact of Covid-19 in the G7

It would be hard to have got it more spectacularly wrong

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Tough on refugees though.

Priti Patel personally sailing alongside them trying to stare them out, all the way across.

Johnson making a broad vague sweeping promise that he’s going to have some people look at changing some international laws and conventions.

France mostly to blame for our lack of ideas and our no longer being included in EU wide agreements.

Can’t argue with that. Tough action for tough times.

In that terrible BBC clip, I noticed that the people on the boats said they came from Syria. We have been, and presumably still are 'on the down-low', providing bombs and weapons to parties to the conflict in Syria. It's an incredible indictment on our country that we can help destroy a country thousands of miles away and then be outraged when a few dozen of their citizens dare to make it here to claim asylum.

I would love to live in a country where we neither **** up countries in the middle east nor run hate campaigns against migrants, but it really would be better if we could choose not to do at least one of them.

I really do hate this country sometimes.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

In that terrible BBC clip, I noticed that the people on the boats said they came from Syria. We have been, and presumably still are 'on the down-low', providing bombs and weapons to parties to the conflict in Syria. It's an incredible indictment on our country that we can help destroy a country thousands of miles away and then be outraged when a few dozen of their citizens dare to make it here to claim asylum.

I would love to live in a country where we neither **** up countries in the middle east nor run hate campaigns against migrants, but it really would be better if we could choose not to do at least one of them.

I really do hate this country sometimes.

Same clearings in the woods cheer on Tommy Robinson when he seeks asylum in Spain because of being 'targeted' by Arsonists. 

Â