The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

Tangentially, Cummins potted Javid's advisor for "freelancing" as @Awolmentioned a few pages back, but seems to do an awful amount of "freelancing" himself. The whopper.

He’s taking back control.

In his defence, people voted for it. 

Inside the mind of Dominic Cummings

(long read)

He is now the country’s de facto project manager, but what does he actually believe? In a bid to find out, I read (almost) everything Cummings has written in the last decade. By Stefan Collini

I can’t honestly claim to do much by way of community service but, as some twisted equivalent of a new year resolution, I decided I would sacrifice myself for the common good in January by spending the greater part of the month reading The Complete Blogs of Dominic Cummings. Well, perhaps not quite complete, as I have only gone back to 2013 and I have skipped several of the more functional or repetitive pieces, but I have more than compensated for any light-footed skimming by reading all 133,000 words of his magnum opus, posted in 2014 and titled “Some thoughts on education and political priorities”, in which he described his ideal of “an Odyssean education”. What follows is my report on this unusual body of work.

...rest on link

19 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yay Brexit, make Britain great again n all that crap.

Considers getting the Chinese in to build HS2........at which point does the average moron on the street realise what’s going on?!

Never. They don't care.

31 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Never. They don't care.

It'll happen this summer and particularly next summer, when the masses attempt to go to and from Majorca, Tenerife, Xante etc etc and realise they have to queue for ages.

That's when it'll hit home because holidays are the only thing these people live for............and they hate queuing........despite being British.

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It'll happen this summer and particularly next summer, when the masses attempt to go to and from Majorca, Tenerife, Xante etc etc and realise they have to queue for ages.

That's when it'll hit home because holidays are the only thing these people live for............and they hate queuing........despite being British.

I think you’ll find that will be the fault of the French and prove we were right to leave their selfish disorganised shit show.

And yes. I do know those places aren’t in France. But it’s all abroad innit. We fought for their freedom. 

52 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It won't though.

They'll blame the EU, or Remainers. At best they'll blame the Tories for **** up the negotiations and transition, but I'd be very surprised.

At no point will Brexiteers (at least most of them) admit it was a bad idea.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It won't though.

They'll blame the EU, or Remainers. At best they'll blame the Tories for **** up the negotiations and transition, but I'd be very surprised.

At no point will Brexiteers (at least most of them) admit it was a bad idea.

Absolutely, I agree - saving face is of the utmost impotence for these people.

However, their inevitable moaning and whining will, in itself be an admission - of course they'll lash out and blame everyone else (they always do) but at least there will be those among us who'll know the truth.

To be honest, the breakdown of Sharon, with her 4 kids in tow (by 5 different fathers) at Majorca airport because she can't understand why she has to queue all of a sudden is the only thing keeping me going right now..........

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

This summer Brits will still be going through the EU queue the same as they have always done prior to Brexit as per the withdrawal agreement  , No ?

After that , well , maybe there will be queues , maybe there will be some agreement where Europe will  treat UK citizens like Swiss passport holders do   ...or maybe European airports  will act like Uk airports do and allow citizens of the EU as well as the USA, Canada ,Japan etc to use E-Gates , which require no registration just a simple chip in a passport ...

or maybe Spain will say , you know what  by country  the Uk is our biggest individual source of tourism at around 18 million people a year (approx 20% of all Spanish tourism )    , lets make them all queue up for hours just because we want Gibraltar back

I'm sure you get a warm glow thinking about Sharons predicament in 2021 but you seem to be forgetting the other VT prediction  ...  that we won't be flying planes to Spain after Brexit :P

Priti Patel delays publication of independent reports on EU citizens and anti-terror laws which were sent to her months ago

The Home Office is delaying the publication of independent reports on terror legislation and the status of EU citizens, i can reveal.

An inquiry into the Windrush scandal expected to be finished nearly a year ago has also been postponed indefinitely with Home Office ministers unable to say when they will receive it.

The Home Secretary Priti Patel has been accused of "suppressing" the reports after failing to explain the unusual delay in their publication.

...rest on link

• Sad 1

Â