The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

You'd be hard pushed to call Pringles "Crisps" tbh 

On the contrary...  They TRIED to be classified as not a crisp, but the High Court wouldn't let them.

Procter & Gamble will be forced to pay tens of millions of pounds in VAT after losing a legal battle with the taxman over its Pringles snack.

The Court of Appeal ruled in favour of the Revenue, which has long maintained that Pringles constitute a potato snack and are, therefore, liable for VAT

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8060204.stm

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

On the contrary...  They TRIED to be classified as not a crisp, but the High Court wouldn't let them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8060204.stm

Yeah I remember the case , my  comment was more around that they are only 42% potato and way inferior to Walkers stuff 

• Like 1

US private healthcare firm handed £7million NHS contract to rank patients

EXCLUSIVE: Donald Trump once praised £184billion global giant UnitedHealth Group which divides NHS patients into high, medium and low risk groups sparking fears people could be turned down for ops because of age or weight

Mirror

We're getting priced up.

Interesting the CEO of Optum's parent company was the top paid exec in the US.

I'm sure care is his top priority.

13 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Yeah I remember the case , my  comment was more around that they are only 42% potato and way inferior to Walkers stuff 

I don't care if they're made from plastic. Pringles are crisps.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't care if they're made from plastic. Pringles are crisps.

yeah but you also think  soy Leghemoglobin is a burger  so  your opinion is invalid :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Huff Post:

Tory MPs are banned from using the terms “Brexit” and “no deal” when talking about the UK’s future relationship with the EU, a leaked government script has revealed. 

“Brexit” should only be used in reference to “a historical event that took place on 31 January 2020”, the script says – confirming revelations made by HuffPost UK in December.

MPs are also told to dial down their enthusiasm and refrain from using words like “ambitious”, “unique” and “bespoke” when talking about future trading relationships, “or anything else that can be taken to mean anything other than a typical FTA [free trade agreement] of the CETA [Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement, or Canada-style deal] type”.

“If hyperbole is absolutely essential, only make reference to a deal ‘at least as good as’ CETA,” the script goes on.

...rest on link

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Who carried out the report into the Russian links and why can it not be released independently?

The Intelligence and Security Committee.

The Committee was disbanded when Parliament was dissolved for the election and the report won't be published until there is a new committee to approve publication - there is, I suppose, a possibility that, even though No. 10 has approved the report for publication, the new committee might decide not to publish it.

• Like 1

Â