The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

11 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Priti Patel really belongs on the Apprentice. Would love to see Claude going through her CV if she made it to that episode.

God, yes. Now you've said that I can't stop seeing it. Are we completely sure she hasn't?

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

God, yes. Now you've said that I can't stop seeing it. Are we completely sure she hasn't?

I just thought of it tonight and then couldn't get it out of my head. How do we make this a thing? It needs to go viral.

Inspiration was someone describing her as "just a demanding boss", and all I could think of was one of those posturing, power dressing imbeciles trying to throw a teammate under the bus in a boardroom showdown.

14 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I just thought of it tonight and then couldn't get it out of my head. How do we make this a thing? It needs to go viral.

Inspiration was someone describing her as "just a demanding boss", and all I could think of was one of those posturing, power dressing imbeciles trying to throw a teammate under the bus in a boardroom showdown.

Yes. Image of her saying 'the British are the worst idlers in the world', not in Britannia Unchained but as an aside to camera, about her teammates, while wearing a power suit.

Brexit means Brexit. We didn't vote for us to go to foreign meetings.

We can be isolated over here, and just cope, like we did with the bubonic plague. We didn't need the EU to get through that, in the good old days when Britain was British.

Edited by Davkaus

One of the most senior government advisers has said the UK does not need its farming or fishing industries, according to reports.

In comments seen by the Mail on Sunday, Dr Tim Leunig is understood to have said the food sector was “not critically important” to the country’s economy – and that agriculture and fisheries “certainly isn’t”.

The economic adviser to the chancellor, in his leaked emails, is reported to have said that ministers could follow the example of Singapore, which is “rich without having its own agricultural sector”.

Grauniad

54 minutes ago, Xann said:

That's a rather disingenuous article. "Not critically important to the country's economy" isn't the same as "not needed".

Something can be both economically non-essential and yet still important for a host of other reasons. 

I expect that the current shambles actually won't care too much about the various environmental, cultural and security reasons to maintain a solid agricultural sector either but this particular advisor is just stating economic reality. 

• Like 1

On 02/03/2020 at 16:14, ml1dch said:

I expect that the current shambles actually won't care too much about the various environmental, cultural and security reasons to maintain a solid agricultural sector either but this particular advisor is just stating economic reality. 

There was a great photo of the Tory front benches the other day, and I can't find it.

It nicely illustrated the calibre of self serving filth running the country.

The Private Eye referred to them as poodles. They're not even that, they're blaggers. Along for the ride and to look after their own interests.

Policy is being steered by their advisors, and they're in thrall to the likes of Mercer and the Kochs.

The economic adviser to the chancellor, in his leaked emails, is reported to have said that ministers could follow the example of Singapore, which is “rich without having its own agricultural sector”.

Singapore is a city state, the UK is a nation state. The money will be where the skyscrapers are, and as for the rest of it......?

Also it's more than likely the 'rich' he's talking about there is the rich on paper rich, that they show you on the news. The rich get richer, certainly, but somehow it doesn't balance with what's going on in our society. Everything they've touched has turned to shit, and their solution is to lower standards further and deregulate finance.

The people voted for this. Cummings did say they were thick.

2 hours ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

I’m sorry but this type of wording in a motion fully deserves to be defeated! 
What next, the motion “against executing fluffy puppies and for renationalising the railways”? 

I take your point, but an independent review into the government's response is hardly a bad thing is it?

I get the feeling with this kind of thing that it's just if the opposition have chosen something, vote it down.

38 minutes ago, Rodders said:

what issue do you have with the wording? What is wrong with any of the content in it?

Labour wants the government to be investigated, obviously the government doesn’t want that and voted it down. 

The amusing thing was tacking on a motion to ‘thank responders’. It’s just political theatre. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

I’m sorry but this type of wording in a motion fully deserves to be defeated! 
What next, the motion “against executing fluffy puppies and for renationalising the railways”? 

The review is irrelevant anyway as no doubt they’d just refuse to publish it like everything else.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Xann said:

Worcester Woman can reflect on her choices at the last GE in the floodwaters in her lounge.

If only she'd voted Labour  , Corbyn would have stood there like King Cnut  and turned back the floodwaters  :)

Â