The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

20 minutes ago, snowychap said:

And we're left (in the Tory party) with the likes of Francois, Baker, Dorries, Raab, et al.

We're left counting individual brain cells, I'm not sure the braincell count is higher than the number of MPs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When looking at Stewart's voting record, there's a very small amount of things I agree with him on. However that said there was something somewhat likeable about him. He comes across pretty genuine and passionate, ready to put his neck on the line (going outside the party line at times and I seem to remember him promising to resign if he didn't hit his 'targets' when prisons minister) and always made time to communicate his views to the press and not appear especially disingenuous when doing so. 

If you look at all the shitheads that have infiltrated the Tory party these days it's clear the party is worse off without him.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, peterms said:

I appreciate this Eton report has been doing the rounds  for a while now and causes much merriment but are we now citing a headmasters report of an 18 year old as evidence that someone isn't fit for office   , or are we just using it as evidence that Stewart is acting like a petulant child who didn't get his way ?

I'm sure the world is full of plenty of people who have moved on since their school days    , heck even my school reports say I was lazy , argumentative and played the fool  and clearly I've changed a lot since then :)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I appreciate this Eton report has been doing the rounds  for a while now and causes much merriment but are we now citing a headmasters report of an 18 year old as evidence that someone isn't fit for office   , or are we just using it as evidence that Stewart is acting like a petulant child who didn't get his way ?

I'm sure the world is full of plenty of people who have moved on since their school days    , heck even my school reports say I was lazy , argumentative and played the fool  and clearly I've changed a lot since then :)

I was thinking this as well, me at school is a massively different version of me.

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

are we now citing a headmasters report of an 18 year old as evidence that someone isn't fit for office ...

I'm sure the world is full of plenty of people who have moved on since their school days 

The reason it's amusing is that the character traits described are so plainly still evident.

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

my school reports say I was lazy , argumentative and played the fool  and clearly I've changed a lot since then

Yes.  Yes, I can see that... :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

The biggest shock for me about this letter is that the headmaster of Eton would start a letter ‘Dear Stanley’...how terribly informal!

Obviously once I was over that, I was then disappointed it didn’t continue ‘I wrote you but you still ain’t calling, I sent you two carrier pigeons but you must not have got ‘em’. 

:D  

Before Ringo Bicks  turns up , can I be McCartney to your Lennon and suggest

"I sent Jeeves around in the Bentley  but you must not have got ‘em’ "

you can still have your name first on the song credits

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Plenty of people who have interacted with Johnson since his days at Eton have said pretty damning things about him. Max Hastings was pretty scathing at the Telegraph. Claimed Boris was not to be trusted and was one of the most self centred individuals he had ever known.

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Plenty of people who have interacted with Johnson since his days at Eton have said pretty damning things about him. Max Hastings was pretty scathing at the Telegraph. Claimed Boris was not to be trusted and was one of the most self centred individuals he had ever known.

Hastings also described Brown as " wholly psychologically unfit to be PM" , maybe he just has a thing about PM's :)

i get the whole Johnson character thingy I  was curious as a to why they wheeled Rory Stewart out to a crowd to read it as much anything.

I suppose he was 18 at the time so pretty much an adult , I'm just not entirely sure a school report should be used in this way   , but should he become PM I'll eagerly await Corbyn's nursery teachers assessment of him and how although he pulled a girls pigtails its only by pulling pigtails that you can truly bring about peace

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm just not entirely sure a school report should be used in this way

It absolutely shouldn't be used to form an opinion on someone as an adult. You're quite right in saying people change massively from 18 onwards.

I think the only reason it was brought up is because it's uncanny how similar it is to how he demonstrably acts now. It's not 'he was like this as a kid so must be a bastard' so much as it's interesting how relevant the report is to his current demeanour.

Considering the front page of the Daily Mail a couple of weeks ago was an article slagging Corbyn off for attending the wedding of a man falsely accused that he always insisted was innocent and was eventually found to be, I'm sure anything remotely damaging in his school reports will already have been dug up and be waiting in reserve!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

i get the whole Johnson character thingy I  was curious as a to why they wheeled Rory Stewart out to a crowd to read it as much anything.

• He thinks Johnson's a word removed
  • He's supposedly on the same side of the political devide (in terms of Left / Right)
  • He's currently newsworthy as he used it to resign from the Tory Party
  • He DGAF about Johnson or the Tories opinion of him any more
  • Did I mention that he thinks Johnson is a word removed?

Â