The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

16 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Considering the front page of the Daily Mail a couple of weeks ago was an article slagging Corbyn off for attending the wedding of a man falsely accused that he always insisted was innocent and was eventually found to be, I'm sure anything remotely damaging in his school reports will already have been dug up and be waiting in reserve!

not seen this article so not sure whose wedding it concerns , but presumably he was supporting a terrorist of some description  , with the amount he's supported I guess he had to get lucky and find an innocent one eventually :)

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

not seen this article so not sure whose wedding it concerns , but presumably he was supporting a terrorist of some description  , with the amount he's supported I guess he had to get lucky and find an innocent one eventually :)

As the article is in the Daily Heil, perhaps if Corbyn wore a black shirt, he might get a more sympathetic hearing. 

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

i get the whole Johnson character thingy I  was curious as a to why they wheeled Rory Stewart out to a crowd to read it as much anything.

It was a charity thing where famous(ish) people read out publicly released letters for the audience. Some of the letters of note are excellent -showing the private kindness or humour of public figures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Patel had held her current position when her refugee parents fled to the UK, they may have been turned away, been killed, and she would never have existed.

I wonder if she ever reflects on this.

Too busy smirking at other peoples' misery, I expect.

Had someone from the Labour party made disparaging comments about 'North London, metropolitan, liberal elite' there would be a tonne of comment pieces for weeks raging against the obvious discriminatory nature of the party.

But, as it's Priti 'individual foreign policy to Israel's liking' Patel, so let's not say anything, eh?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, peterms said:

If Patel had held her current position when her refugee parents fled to the UK, they may have been turned away

Not really. Immigrants and refugees are not the same thing.

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

Not really. Immigrants and refugees are not the same thing.

Do you think this current government would take in 60,000 Ugandan Asians?

I’m not convinced, personally.

• Like 2

If Patel had held her current position when her refugee parents fled to the UK, they may have been turned away, been killed, and she would never have existed.

I wonder if she ever reflects on this.

Too busy smirking at other peoples' misery, I expect.

I don’t know specifics around Patel’s family but my limited understanding was  that the expelled ones who came here were “British citizens “ which was why Amin expelled them ..the Indians  who had applied for Ugandan citizenship were initially allowed to stay  

So , I’m not sure the then govt could have barred their entry , though they did try and offload some elsewhere 

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I don’t know specifics around Patel’s family but my limited understanding was  that the expelled ones who came here were “British citizens “ which was why Amin expelled them ..the Indians  who had applied for Ugandan citizenship were initially allowed to stay  

So , I’m not sure the then govt could have barred their entry , though they did try and offload some elsewhere 

Amin expelled Indians and others regardless of their presumed ties to the UK.

He demanded that the UK take responsibility for people with UK citizenship.

As usual, he was trained by our military and installed in power with our government's backing.

Amin expelled Indians and others regardless of their presumed ties to the UK.

He demanded that the UK take responsibility for people with UK citizenship.

As usual, he was trained by our military and installed in power with our government's backing.

Wid de twin Webberleys ( © Private Eye). 

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Do you think this current government would take in 60,000 Ugandan Asians?

I’m not convinced, personally.

No. We know from windrush etc how despicable the government and home office have been and are.

But that’s a different point altogether. Peter said “when her refugee parents fled to the UK, they may have been turned away, been killed”.  Wanting to end free movement isn’t the same as wanting to reject refugees, leading to them being killed.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Mange tout, Rodney, mange tout.

I'm at a samba class where 12 middle aged women are learning some new dance moves.

It had to be special to be funnier than that, but you smashed it.

• Thanks 1

Â