The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

You mock the power stance but it obviously works - how else can you explain how they remain in power. 

I'm going to stand like that at work tomorrow and hopefully get a long overdue promotion (as well as a pulled groin muscle)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

You mock the power stance but it obviously works - how else can you explain how they remain in power. 

I'm going to stand like that at work tomorrow and hopefully get a long overdue promotion (as well as a pulled groin muscle)

“Ladies and gentlemen of the Conservative party conference, I think the number one thing to remember when under threat of immigration is make yourself big. It’s either immigration or bears”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

You mock the power stance

It's all fun and games until the SNP/Labour front bench suddenly all start copying the Tories becasue as you say,  logically it can be the only thing keeping them in power now,  there is nothing else.  Abbot would do it but with her legs together and facing the wrong way,  in the wrong building.  If the little SNP Krankie did it she would be about 3 foot 2 mid-POWER-stance the silly, silly woman. 

In fact, I have changed my mind,  all MP's and Peers must do it all the time.  words removed. 

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Has as much news coverage ever been given to the occupation of a politician's dad?

I remember it being relentlessly drilled into my brain for about a month that Sadiq Khan's father was also a bus driver.

I believe that her father's occupation came up once or twice in Thatcher's political career as well.

55 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Has as much news coverage ever been given to the occupation of a politician's dad?

Anyone know what Amber Rudd's old man used to do?

were you sleeping when Sadiq Khan was running for London Mayor ? His dad was the most talked about bus driver since Reg Varney 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

were you sleeping when Sadiq Khan was running for London Mayor ? His dad was the most talked about bus driver since Reg Varney 

Pretty much passed me by, tbh, I tune out when people start talking about That London. 

I also didn't know who Reg Varney is. I'm not sure if this says more about me or you. ;)

My concern is that the government double down on their hostility towards immigrants, aka British citizens. 

Still nobody has taken responsibility for the Windrush scandal, Amber Rudd resigned because she misled parliament (accidently of course). 

When talking about the issue on, I've seen several Conservatives, including the PM hark on about illegal immigration. Repeatedly stating that illegal immigrants should be deported etc. 

This is a red herring, the Windrush generation are not illegal immigrants, they're British citizens. This is the whole reason this has happened in the first place. Javid even denied today that any British citizens have been wrongly deported (or that therr is no evidence of it happening) and Theresa May saying that policies have 'caused anxiety'. No, it hasn't caused anxiety, it has stopped British citizens from accessing cancer treatment or traveling to Jamaica to go to a parent's funeral etc. It's insulting to suggest that it's 'anxiety', as if the issue is with the Windrush generation's perception of their treatment. 

Obviously the government think it's better to double down and continue to 'deport first, appeal later' than to admit you've made a mistake and change the law and the policy. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I didn't think you could join the tory party if you had a father.

14 hours ago, Dick said:

It's the only reason why Darth Vader was rejected

Pedant / Geek   but  Darth Vader didn't have a  father 

• Like 1

Â