The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

11 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Razzaq-Fighting is a pretty niche surname too.

PS "commnunity"  :crylaugh:

Why do they live at the same bedsit address in Dudley,  I have visons of them being like Richard R. and Edward H. but without the comedy or shutting poeoples heads in the fridge door but very much with a local zoo nearby the pair of words removed.

9 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Why do they live at the same bedsit address in Dudley

If I were to indulge in groundless speculation, I would be going along the lines of needing to rent the cheapest possible property to give them the local address which I assume you need to be able to run for the local council.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

In Dudley.  I bet they have viewed some really really nice places then.  Living the dream they are.

They could have made it even cheaper if they'd knocked through to Brian Glover's house next door and hooked up to his gas supply.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

If I were to indulge in groundless speculation, I would be going along the lines of needing to rent the cheapest possible property to give them the local address which I assume you need to be able to run for the local council.

Not true you only need to have your main place of work in the Local Authority area for 12 months prior to the election to qualify. There are 4 criteria, one of which must apply, that one is the one that doesn't require any residency in the area

according to the leaflet through my door today “All your neighbours are voting Conservative!”

That’s funny, because they’re currently the 4th biggest party in my council, behind Labour and the ubiquitous Aspire and PATH

Looks like the country is going to be ungovernable for a while then.

For context - if last night's results were applied at a parliamentary level, the Conservatives would lose enough seats that meant that even the DUP deal still wouldn't be enough for a majority.

Yet, Labour would need to win every target seat up to Nuneaton (81st on their list) to have a majority to match John Major's from 1992, which was the start of five years of parliamentary chaos. And last night they lost votes and seats to the Conservatives in Nuneaton.

Looks like a Labour / Lib Dem / SNP / PC coalition next time around as the maths probably won't allow anything else

39 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Whilst I haven’t been paying forensic levels of attention to the English local election results, I did listen to radio 4 this morning. Neutral Nick Robinson was giving some Labour guy a kicking for Labour having a failed to achieve anything. From the tone and the frosty question, I picked up from neutral Nick that Labour had taken a bit of a smack in the chops.

I’ve just had a look at the latest results, and Labour’s running total of councillors appears to be marginally higher, having already been at something of a high water mark. To me, those results look like nothing much happened that changed what had previously been a bloody good haul of seats for Labour. Which, personally, I’d have thought was more good than bad for Labour. Given that Corbyn is a racist spy.

Personally, I’d have thought the ‘news’ was the wipe out of UKIP and this week’s leader commenting that they are probably about finished.

It’s almost as though neutral Nick had a pre set idea in his head and he was going with it regardless.

I don't know how anyone can listen to that throbber.

Neutral Nick Throbinson.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Whilst I haven’t been paying forensic levels of attention to the English local election results, I did listen to radio 4 this morning. Neutral Nick Robinson was giving some Labour guy a kicking for Labour having a failed to achieve anything. From the tone and the frosty question, I picked up from neutral Nick that Labour had taken a bit of a smack in the chops.

I’ve just had a look at the latest results, and Labour’s running total of councillors appears to be marginally higher, having already been at something of a high water mark. To me, those results look like nothing much happened that changed what had previously been a bloody good haul of seats for Labour. Which, personally, I’d have thought was more good than bad for Labour. Given that Corbyn is a racist spy.

Personally, I’d have thought the ‘news’ was the wipe out of UKIP and this week’s leader commenting that they are probably about finished.

It’s almost as though neutral Nick had a pre set idea in his head and he was going with it regardless.

If only Derby had got the memo...

• Like 1

We managed to kick our 2 Tory councillors out

I've never voted in a council election before , but the local tory council are decimating our village by converting all the green belt land to brown belt and then allow close on 10,000 new homes to be built  .. not to mention  a new  roundabout / dual carriage way which will pretty much divide the village in 2

41 % turn out (v most others being 23 % ) seems to suggest people cared about it  , though I’m amazed it wasn’t higher % you should see the bonkers plans they’ve come up with  ,

The  rest of Runneymede voted Tory so they will have a tough job but I guess we will see now if our 2 indies can stop the building as they have promised 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

We managed to kick our 2 Tory councillors out

I've never voted in a council election before , but the local tory council are decimating our village by converting all the green belt land to brown belt and then allow close on 10,000 new homes to be built  .. not to mention  a new  roundabout / dual carriage way which will pretty much divide the village in 2

41 % turn out (v most others being 23 % ) seems to suggest people cared about it  , though I’m amazed it wasn’t higher % you should see the bonkers plans they’ve come up with  ,

The  rest of Runneymede voted Tory so they will have a tough job but I guess we will see now if our 2 indies can stop the building as they have promised 

fwiw, there is far too much greenbelt

it's a con

Having said that (and it was a serious point): It's not nice for the individuals concerned when somewhere they like gets a planning app for a disproportionate expansion, I 100% understand people not wanting expansion by them, but if we're going to do trade deals with Brazil and India and China and Australia and Saudi and Nigeria, all those immigrants that will be part of the deal will need somewhere to live.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

... the local tory council are decimating our village by converting all the green belt land to brown belt and then allow close on 10,000 new homes to be built  .. not to mention  a new  roundabout / dual carriage way which will pretty much divide the village in 2.

You under the expected extra Heathrow traffic?

14 minutes ago, Xann said:

I am and I'm all for it. 

I love the smell of jet fuel in the morning.

1 hour ago, Xann said:

not really , our junction is the Thorpe Park one so i'm sure there might be some impact traffic wise  but plane wise they are usually up in the clouds by the time they take off , turn and head our way

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I find it hilarious that what it took to kick out the tories was some good old fashioned NIMBYs.

The whole point of buying a house and moving to a small village is exactly that , it's a village

it currently only has 2,800 people living in it  .... 10,000 houses isn't exactly small fry

if you came here you'd also see that there is no infostructure for these houses , no schools , no Doctors etc ... the plans they've submitted seem to think that the solution is to build a dual carriage way through the main road so you can all take your children to a school in the surrounding areas

the whole development plan is flawed

I doubt anyone would be against a few hundred houses fwiw

40 minutes ago, choffer said:

I am and I'm all for it. 

I love the smell of jet fuel in the morning.

Oh yeah - Isleworth.

Good reason to tell your landlord to do one if a rent rise is mentioned?

Otherwise a good reason to move.

25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I doubt anyone would be against a few hundred houses fwiw

Where I live objected to 12 houses and a phone mast on the ugliest building in the entire building (an old telephone exchange)

I pissed them off by refusing to sign either petition

Â