The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Well, something is clearly happening. I'm sceptical that it will be an election as I can't see the party getting behind that. Surely they will want to give themselves as much time as possible. An election would be good for the country, which is not in their interest. I don't see it being a Sunak resignation either as that would mean another PM, which reflects poorly on them and doesn't improve their election chances.

Maybe a reshuffle? Or a confirmation of an election in October?

2 minutes ago, DaoDeMings said:

Or a confirmation of an election in October?

Makes no sense to announce an election months in advance. Party politics (internal and external), trade and economics, international relations etc would all be adversely affected in a very big way

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd assumed they'd just commit to the tax cuts in the autumn and then chuck it into Labour's lap.

Not sure that would wash so close to a recent budget. No-one is going to believe the government coffers have improved that dramatically in such a short space of time.

16 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I was supposed to have a teams meeting with a Tory MP today, it's been cancelled.

How much does Liz charge through Only Fans?

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd assumed they'd just commit to the tax cuts in the autumn and then chuck it into Labour's lap.

I guess it would all go a bit Trussy the second they did that. I doubt they'd like to defend even an unwinnable election after that. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I was supposed to have a teams meeting with a Tory MP today, it's been cancelled.

Are you a sex councellor? 

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Just me reading this thinking it's more him being an attention seeking nobhead than doing journalism? :D

Reminds me of people pretending to be ITK in on topic

I was actually thinking yesterday that there hasn’t been a massive Tory scandal for a few weeks. Maybe they thought the same and felt it was the window of opportunity for the GE.

• Haha 1

"In response, Downing Street says only that the election will take place in the second half of the year - which it's already committed to". 

Early July would be the second half of the year. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Are you a sex councellor? 

He absolutely isn’t.

Just wish I’d worked it out £200 and 30 minutes of webcam earlier.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

"In response, Downing Street says only that the election will take place in the second half of the year - which it's already committed to". 

Early July would be the second half of the year. 

Yes. I mean to keep repeating that almost confirms it really. Otherwise you'd just say later in the year,or towards the end of the year. 

To keep saying the second half of the year when we're actually nearly there does suggest early in the second half at this point. 

Just now, chrisp65 said:

July 4th could get the bounce from England doing well in the euros.

and the other home nations… oh… 

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

July 4th could get the bounce from England doing well in the euros.

There is an extreme downside to this election being held on July 4th if it happens

It's actually in the days before the QFs. Can't see footie fans thanking anyone for campaigning during the Euros

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

I was actually thinking yesterday that there hasn’t been a massive Tory scandal for a few weeks. Maybe they thought the same and felt it was the window of opportunity for the GE.

Pretty sure the press have been holding some scandals back until election time. Just wait until the nominations close :D 

• Like 1

Â