The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 minutes ago, Anthony said:

It's definitely not because now he's been an MP, he's made the personal connections to make money in the private sector. 

He was earning literally millions at Deutsche Bank before going into politics. I think he's probably alright on the "connections to make money" front.

My tory is standing at the next election, part of her constituency is subject to boundary changes and so she has chosen Stafford as the one she will represent, and she will win as Labour are always so bloody slow off the blocks here.

Tamworth are trying to get rid of Chris Pincher but he’s sticking around like a bad smell.

He’s posted more stuff on social media this last couple of weeks than I’ve seen in the previous years combined. He’s doing his best to make it look like he’s working hard.

People aren’t buying it.

From a post on facebook

UPDATE: TAMWORTH MP CHRIS PINCHER

So to be clear for all Tamworth residents and businesses.

On Monday evening at the Council Extra Ordinary Meeting a motion was tabled for Tamworth Borough Council would write to the Conservative Party to the effect that Chris Pincher IS NOT an effective MP to represent Tamworth residents and businesses and should resign as our towns MP!

It Was proposed writing to MP Chris Pincher from TBC asking him to resign 

❗️That was blocked ❗

It was moved that MP Chris Pincher was not a trusted conduit to government 

❗️Conservative Group voted against, effectively saying they trusted him❗

As per agenda:
To consider the following motion, notice of which has been duly given in accordance with Procedure Rule No. 4.12.1 by Councillors M Cook, R Claymore, B Price, P Thurgood, J Wade
We feel that given the current absence / situation our local MP is currently in, that we should discuss as a Council the knock-on effects to the Council and the wider town. When Tamworth borough Council seeks funding for larger projects / policies from central pots (for example, LUF, FHSF etc...) that we seek the support and guidance of the locally elected MP. Given the current MP was unavailable over the summer after his misadventures at the Carlton club, followed by resignation from the Whips Office and suspension from the Conservative Party, we feel it is difficult for the Council and other organisations in Tamworth to use him as a conduit to government as previously done.
His actions brought Tamworth into the national media spotlight in a way that hurt us reputationally, at a time when the Council has worked so hard to improve our reputation and image. His absence during the fight for local mental health services was a clear example. We feel the Council needs to debate how in the short term it approaches government as clearly our MP is not able to assist at present.

The local controlling conservative group VOTED AGAINST the motion and in doing so pledged their support for MP Chris Pincher.

You can watch the debate HERE it below if you are wondering what the justified concern from residents & businesses is all about from those that did!
REPLAY HERE:
https://bit.ly/tbc-eom-281122

What do you think about this?
Should MP Chris Pincher resign NOW?

Link

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

He was earning literally millions at Deutsche Bank before going into politics. I think he's probably alright on the "connections to make money" front.

I suppose my point was that being an MP, or even better, a cabinet minister is an accelerant, so whatever he was earning before, he can now earn more. Or rather his hourly rate has now gone up.

13 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I suppose my point was that being an MP, or even better, a cabinet minister is an accelerant, so whatever he was earning before, he can now earn more. Or rather his hourly rate has now gone up.

Obviously I don't disagree with the general direction of your point - it's just that Javid isn't a good example of it. Like Sunak, Javid isn't in politics for money. He left money for politics.

And the millions he'll be going back to earning from 2024 will have much more to do with his banking background than his political background. 

55 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Obviously I don't disagree with the general direction of your point - it's just that Javid isn't a good example of it. Like Sunak, Javid isn't in politics for money. He left money for politics.

And the millions he'll be going back to earning from 2024 will have much more to do with his banking background than his political background. 

Doesn't he already have a 2 day a month for £150,000 "job" with JPMorgan ?

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The local controlling conservative group VOTED AGAINST the motion and in doing so pledged their support for MP Chris Pincher.

Not you obviously Dave but the first part of that sentence does not mean the second part of that sentence happened. I don't understand why people attempt to say a) happened therefore b) Must be true. It isn't and as one of his alleged victims is a former Tory Deputy Mayor of the Borough you'd have to imagine that some of them know exactly what Pincher is like and want rid of him as much as the opposition

Also, what on earth was that motion trying to achieve? There is absolutely nothing the Tory Party can do about Pincher, they cut him free and now have zero control over what he does.

The Tories could have been voting against it as it was a complete waste of everyone's time

They will all have to wait until the Standards Commissioner has investigated and the Standards committee has given its punishment. That is the time you'll see what the Tory Party really think. If it's over 10 days, a recall petition can be started. Given that Pincher has a 12K majority in a seat that has become increasingly more Tory since 2010, the Tories really shouldn't have anything to fear but in the current circumstances they still might fear it

There is a process and what is contained in that grandstanding nonsense quoted, has absolutely nothing to do with it.

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not you obviously Dave but the first part of that sentence does not mean the second part of that sentence happened. I don't understand why people attempt to say a) happened therefore b) Must be true. It isn't and as one of his alleged victims is a former Tory Deputy Mayor of the Borough you'd have to imagine that some of them know exactly what Pincher is like and want rid of him as much as the opposition

Also, what on earth was that motion trying to achieve? There is absolutely nothing the Tory Party can do about Pincher, they cut him free and now have zero control over what he does.

The Tories could have been voting against it as it was a complete waste of everyone's time

They will all have to wait until the Standards Commissioner has investigated and the Standards committee has given its punishment. That is the time you'll see what the Tory Party really think. If it's over 10 days, a recall petition can be started. Given that Pincher has a 12K majority in a seat that has become increasingly more Tory since 2010, the Tories really shouldn't have anything to fear but in the current circumstances they still might fear it

There is a process and what is contained in that grandstanding nonsense quoted, has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Are the Tories (local and in Westminster) leaving the door open for him to return to the fold? We all know what happens to people who don’t support MP’s.

Thats what I read into it. He was seen heading into Number 10 this week. 

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

Are the Tories (local and in Westminster) leaving the door open for him to return to the fold? We all know what happens to people who don’t support MP’s.

Thats what I read into it. He was seen heading into Number 10 this week. 

I suspect that's what whoever posted that wants you to think

Ask yourself this, if the Tories had voted for it, what would have happened in regards of rectifying the situation?

Absolutely nothing is the answer

The Tories would not want Pincher to represent them again, they can be stupid but not that stupid.

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I suspect that's what whoever posted that wants you to think

Ask yourself this, if the Tories had voted for it, what would have happened in regards of rectifying the situation?

Absolutely nothing is the answer

The Tories would not want Pincher to represent them again, they can be stupid but not that stupid.

Why wouldn’t they just kick him in the nuts then when the opportunity presented itself?

I suspect it’s the reason he’s hanging around.

If the Tory councillors had voted with the motion, to go with the general anger from the constituents he would have buggered off after realised he was finished.

Just now, Genie said:

Why wouldn’t they just kick him in the nuts then when the opportunity presented itself?

What opportunity?

The only thing the Tories may be guilty of but you can't tell just yet, is avoiding a by-election.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

What opportunity?

The only thing the Tories may be guilty of but you can't tell just yet, is avoiding a by-election.

???

The motion put before them which they voted against.

You’re right that it may not of achieved an huge amount apart from giving him the message he’s not welcome and not wanted.

They haven’t given up on him yet is the message received.

6 hours ago, cyrusr said:

I suspect a lot just didn't bother. If you look at the actual numbers, Tories were down by about 14,000 votes. However everyone went down, even Labour had about 10,000 less votes.Suggests that most stayed away/couldn't be bothered. 

2022 City of Chester by-election[29]
Party Candidate Votes % ±%
  Labour Samantha Dixon 17,309 61.2 +11.6
  Conservative Liz Wardlaw 6,335 22.4 -15.9
  Liberal Democrats Rob Herd 2,368 8.4 +1.6
  Green Paul Bowers 987 2.9 +0.2
  Reform UK Jeanie Barton 773 2.7 +0.2
  Rejoin EU Richard Hewison 277 1.0 New
  UKIP Cain Griffiths 179 0.6 New
  Monster Raving Loony Howling Laud Hope 156 0.6 New
  Freedom Alliance Chris Quartermaine 91 0.3 New
Majority 10,954 38.8 +27.5
Turnout 28,541 41.2 –30.5
  Labour hold Swing    

General election 2019: City of Chester[30]

Party Candidate Votes % ±%   Labour Chris Matheson 27,082 49.6 –7.2   Conservative Samantha George 20,918 38.3 –2.2   Liberal Democrats Bob Thompson 3,734 6.8 +4.1   Green Nicholas Brown 1,438 2.6 New   Brexit Party Andy Argyle 1,388 2.5 New Majority 6,164 11.3 –5.0 Turnout 54,560 71.7 –5.7   Labour hold Swing –2.5  

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Chester_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

Glad to see there actually is a rejoin EU party but Oh how depressing that they're so small and miles behind Reform UK. 

Then again it's heartwarming to see UKIP only 23 votes ahead of the Monster Raving Looneys. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

The motion put before them which they voted against.

On Monday evening at the Council Extra Ordinary Meeting a motion was tabled for Tamworth Borough Council would write to the Conservative Party to the effect that Chris Pincher IS NOT an effective MP to represent Tamworth residents and businesses and should resign as our towns MP!

Pincher isn't currently in the Conservative Party. It's grandstanding of the kind rarely seen outside of Student Union politics. That they call an Extra-Ordinary Council meeting to debate this and waste public money should be your concern.

Ask yourself this. Why would the Tory Party, local or otherwise have Pincher as their candidate at the next election? Why? What would they gain from it? It would have nothing but downsides

Â