The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

The "government" has 6 years to bring a claim for breach of contract, so in theory March/April 2026. Those contracts will be in the hands of Labour soon enough and if there is any way to get that money back, I suspect Labour will be pursuing it. If anything else, it will massively help balance the books and justify how much better at money Labour are than Tories. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I believe they actually made a decision a few months ago not to pursue the money as it would be too difficult.

We’ve been scammed, basically, and they’ve all stuffed their pockets with cash.

Not so in the case of Mone. There's a legal case going through to recover the 120 million or however much it is.

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Are there any criminal charges / aspects (do you know)?

The National Crime Agency is investigating the company. Her home was raided ages ago, IIRC. I'm not aware of any charges being made, but I'm sure a Yahoogle will tell you the latest.

The climate programme on C4 is really pissing into Cameron's government blocking onshore wind turbines around 10 years ago.  We installed 2 in 2022 I believe, France and Germany installed 1000 in the same period.  Shocking and disgraceful.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dubbs said:

The climate programme on C4 is really pissing into Cameron's government blocking onshore wind turbines around 10 years ago.  We installed 2 in 2022 I believe, France and Germany installed 1000 in the same period.  Shocking and disgraceful.

There’s been a fair bit on Cameron lately, his turning off the home insulation programme, stopping on shore wind turbines, the brexit referendum, the disaster in Libya.

Hopefully that absolute nightmare Etonian idiot never gets anywhere near government ever again, the man is a rolling disaster.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cyrusr said:

The "government" has 6 years to bring a claim for breach of contract, so in theory March/April 2026. Those contracts will be in the hands of Labour soon enough and if there is any way to get that money back, I suspect Labour will be pursuing it. If anything else, it will massively help balance the books and justify how much better at money Labour are than Tories. 

I think you are a little optimistic there. I suspect Starmer will draw a line under it or some other bs language about not looking backwards. I'm 100% confident these crimes will never be punished and the money never returned. They will even keep her in the Lord's despite having blatantly abused her position.

Accountability for the rich and powerful has never really been a thing in this country regardless of the incumbent government.

31 minutes ago, Straggler said:

I think you are a little optimistic there. I suspect Starmer will draw a line under it or some other bs language about not looking backwards. I'm 100% confident these crimes will never be punished and the money never returned. They will even keep her in the Lord's despite having blatantly abused her position.

Accountability for the rich and powerful has never really been a thing in this country regardless of the incumbent government.

Possibly idealistic, but the Covid enquiry is going to present the ineptitude of everything and there will be significant political pressure to sort something out. The reason there hasn't been consequences yet is because it is still going through the system; although I suspect that you are right about her remaining in the Lords. The only way people will lose those seats if they actually sort out the Lords properly. 

I just think if some kind donkey could plaster billboards all over the country with "Let them die - Rishi Sunak", after a General Election has been called it might remind people which party they shouldn't be voting for.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I just think if some kind donkey could plaster billboards all over the country with "Let them die - Rishi Sunak", after a General Election has been called it might remind people which party they shouldn't be voting for.

Let them die, and also let the bodies pile high, I am seeing a pattern there with tory Prime Ministers.

• Like 1

J-Hunz says that if you haven't found a job in eighteen months of claiming, then you'll be sent on a mandatory work placement to improve your skills.

Which companies is it exactly that are going to be thinking that this sounds like the perfect opportunity to meet the demands of their business?

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

J-Hunz says that if you haven't found a job in eighteen months of claiming, then you'll be sent on a mandatory work placement to improve your skills.

Which companies is it exactly that are going to be thinking that this sounds like the perfect opportunity to meet the demands of their business?

Amazon warehouses and the place where they chop up chickens into bits so they can be sent to the breadcrumb factory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Employers are more than likely to avoid this. Having anyone at your firm who’s only there because he’s been forced to. I don’t think their motivation to give a good days work and attain the quality levels required is going to be very high.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Free money in January. Where do I vote?

Joking aside, changing the rate in January as opposed to April (which would be normal for an Autumn Budget statement) might hint at a May election / suicide

• Like 1

Â