The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

Joking aside, changing the rate in January as opposed to April (which would be normal for an Autumn Budget statement) might hint at a May election / suicide

Not sure. There was criticism that no tax cuts were going to come into effect until next financial year and working people needed it ASAP. 

7 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

It's a real shame sometimes that MP's need to direct their questions and comments to the chair. I'd very much have enjoyed this fellow being able to call James Cleverly a word removed to his face in the chamber.

He's clearly livid. He's visibly shaking.

Could do with a bunch of the top lads from the local comp meeting these posh clearings in the woods outside the gates and filling them in.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

It's a real shame sometimes that MP's need to direct their questions and comments to the chair. I'd very much have enjoyed this fellow being able to call James Cleverly a word removed to his face in the chamber.

Clearly livid, as he made this point.

Cleverly denying it will make it extra difficult for him, and Sunak, when the irrefutable evidence is show that he is lying about his disgusting remark.

Another week of Sunak backing him before eventually sacking him is my prediction (unless there is a swift apology).

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, bickster said:

Joking aside, changing the rate in January as opposed to April (which would be normal for an Autumn Budget statement) might hint at a May election / suicide

Please, please, please, please.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is there a calculator online yet which can show how much the NI reduction returns to take home pay?

2% of your wage between £12750 and £50270)

I'm presuming the only 2% above £50270 that higher rate payer pay remains as a 2% reduction there would be zero to pay over the upper limit.

I think my back of the fag packet calculation for myself put it at about £14 and a bit a week for me as I'm just on the upper threshold

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Another week of Sunak backing him before eventually sacking him is my prediction (unless there is a swift apology).

Why do they never, ever, ever see this.

Fess up and apologise and you might make it thorough.

Go for the denial and the story builds and builds until it becomes a total embarrassment and action has to be taken.  But they never learn.

It does show the complete lack of understanding and callous lack of empathy these people have.  Children aren't living in poverty BECASUE a place is a shit hole.  They're living in poverty because your actions and policies have made it a shit hole.   Hence the justifiable question in the first place.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

2% of your wage between £12750 and £50270)

I'm presuming the only 2% above £50270 that higher rate payer pay remains as a 2% reduction there would be zero to pay over the upper limit.

I think my back of the fag packet calculation for myself put it at about £14 and a bit a week for me as I'm just on the upper threshold

Cheers, I just found this

The chancellor has announced significant cuts to national insurance that employees and self-employed workers have to pay. Some of the changes will take effect as soon as January 2024, and will save workers up to £754 a year in national insurance.

The impact of April’s change to national insurance will depend on whether or not you are self-employed, and how much you earn. 

Employees will pay a 10% rate of national insurance on earnings between £12,570 to £50,270 a year from 6 January, down from 12%. This will save the average employee £450 a year, according to the Treasury.

link

So to get the full benefit you’d need to earn over £50,270, and you’d see around £62.80 extra in the monthly wage packet.

Edited by Genie

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Did Stockton North appear on our recent list of British Shit Holes...And if not why not?

It's got some pretty stiff competition.

After 13 years of these words removed, I'm hard pressed to think of many places in Britain that aren't shitholes.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's got some pretty stiff competition.

After 13 years of these words removed, I'm hard pressed to think of many places in Britain that aren't shitholes.

Most of the places with Tory MPs aren't shitholes, though usually (and perhaps counterintuitively, given that one usually comes out of the other in biology) filled with arseholes, so swings and roundabouts.

Stockton South (soon to be Stockton West) is one of those Red Wall seats they won at the last election. I'm sure the Tory MP Matt VIckers is delighted, actually no, he probably doesn't care because he's yet another complete cock in a suit

Â