The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s good to know people in his office are working on the important stuff, photoshopping Boris Johnson out of photos.

I'm very comfortable with the idea of Johnson being completely airbrushed from history. 

• Like 1

On 07/01/2023 at 21:49, sidcow said:

NHS is sorted now in my opinion. 

Just seen some pictures of Sunak and sidekick from the meeting.   No ties and rolled up shirt sleeves. 

serious-business.gif

Rolled up wor sleeves? 

I don't think Sunak has ever eaten a kebab though. He could do with it, the skinny beast. 

49 minutes ago, tinker said:

Anti strike laws been announced, this could be the beginning of the end for them , maybe a general strike is around the corner?

I would strike to get rid of these hopeless clowns.

Government: "we need to pass a law to make sure there is always a minimum guaranteed level of essential service"

Everyone: "brilliant, that sounds a lot better than how things normally are even when nobody is on strike".

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Government: "we need to pass a law to make sure there is always a minimum guaranteed level of essential service"

Everyone: "brilliant, that sounds a lot better than how things normally are even when nobody is on strike".

alternatively...

Everyone: "brilliant, about time you did some f***ing work".

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

alternatively...

Everyone: "brilliant, about time you did some f***ing work".

Only thing is, passing a law doesn't magically make it happen. 

Planning, organisation, support and funding make it happen. That's the work they should be doing. And aren't. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Only thing is, passing a law doesn't magically make it happen. 

Planning, organisation, support and funding make it happen. That's the work they should be doing. And aren't. 

We live in a World of populist politics.  You don't actually need to do anything to get in to/remain in power; just portray an image which people want to vote for.

Very few people dig beyond, say, a headline or manifesto promise.  Politicians rarely need to back up what they say they'll do - and a lot of people act like a party is equivalent to a football club.

• Like 1

What the f is the point of passing a law that enforces  a minimum guaranteed level of service during a strike if the reason for the strike is that we are operating as standard below said minimum level. Bunch of clearings in the woods the lot of them.

• Like 1

I can understand the leader of a nation sometimes needing to urgently, quickly and securely travel to a location and not being restricted by challenges of train schedules, securing routes, or just needing to save the time for critical government business.

But it's a **** photo op to a health centre in Leeds. Using the jet wasn't the most effective use of his time. The most effective use of his time would be a similar photo op that doesn't mean travelling to the other end of the country.

Â