The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Just the Tory party there (admittedly one of its stupider constituent parts) comparing Covid vaccines to the Holocaust and citing a far-right, Russian-backed website. 

Edit - that was quick. Now had the Tory whip removed. 

Edited by ml1dch

3 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Just the Tory party there (admittedly one of its stupider constituent parts) comparing Covid vaccines to the Holocaust and citing a far-right, Russian-backed website. 

Bridgen embarrassing his constituency again, must be lunchtime.

God I can't wait until that word removed is no longer my MP.

3 hours ago, ml1dch said:

ANTI-SEMITISM!

shock-eww.gif

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Only until the end of the week, on a completely unrelated matter. 

Really?

Andrew Bridgen has been suspended as a Conservative MP for spreading misinformation about Covid vaccination.

It comes after the North West Leicestershire MP posted a tweet that compared vaccines to the Holocaust.

Tory chief whip Simon Hart said the comments had "crossed a line" and caused great offence.

BBC

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I was walking home from the shop earlier and my mind started wondering, and I was really struggling to decide who I'd rather punch out of the Jonathan Gullis and Lee Anderson.

why-not-both-why-not.gif

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

Really?

BBC

Yes. 

He has had the Conservative whip removed (as I posted this morning), one would think indefinitely. It's hard to see a reason why they reinstate it between now and the election given he's of no use to Sunak. But he remains @MessiWillSignForVilla's MP until he loses an election or resigns, so probably for the next year and a half or so. He's not suspended as an MP.

He's also currently (and coincidentally) serving a five-day suspension from the Commons for breaking rules around lobbying, which is happening irrespective of which party he is representing. 

Edited by ml1dch

6 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Yes. 

He has had the Conservative whip removed (as I posted this morning), one would think indefinitely. It's hard to see a reason why they reinstate it between now and the election given he's of no use to Sunak. But he remains @MessiWillSignForVilla's MP until he loses an election or resigns, so probably for the next year and a half or so. He's not suspended as an MP.

He's also currently (and coincidentally) serving a five-day suspension from the Commons for breaking rules around lobbying, which is happening irrespective of which party he is representing. 

Similar situation to Chris Pincher then.

It’s funny seeing how he has reinvented himself since the scandal last year. He’s reinvented himself as a competent MP as he realises his seat on the gravy train is at major risk of being taken away.

He’s sharing information and engaging in useful dialogue with his constituents and offering direct help with their issues. All the things he hasn’t don’t for many years. Too little too late me thinks.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Similar situation to Chris Pincher then.

It’s funny seeing how he has reinvented himself since the scandal last year. He’s reinvented himself as a competent MP as he realises his seat on the gravy train is at major risk of being taken away.

He’s sharing information and engaging in useful dialogue with his constituents and offering direct help with their issues. All the things he hasn’t don’t for many years. Too little too late me thinks.

Yup, very much so.

Loads of Tories are doing it - flooding their social media with how good and local they are as they think it's the only way they'll keep their seats.

• Like 1

I was just watching a piece on the news about Brexit chaos in Northern Ireland, then I saw this on facebook (from December)

Boris Johnson has made more than £1m from speaking engagements since being ousted as prime minister three months ago. 

An update to the MPs' register of interests showed Mr Johnson had received more than £750,000 in fees for three speeches given in November.

Just goes to show how these **** can shaft millions of people and then swan off onto their multimillion pound deals.

Because of his lies, and things happening which explicitly said wouldn’t happen the example on the news was about a garden centre facing closure because they can’t get plants and seeds from the other UK countries.

They should all be charged with treason.

Sky News

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

I would imagine his speeches are littered with 'jokes' about his oops moments under lockdown - silly old me - top bantz.

Doesn't he also live for nothing in the £20m house of a Tory Party donor?

The Conservative party of the last five or six years have been a criminal organisation.

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jan/11/100000-uk-civil-servants-to-strike-on-1-february

More than 100,000 civil servants will join one-day strike action on 1 February in a major escalation of action by the PCS union.

The union members will take action across 124 government departments, with a further 33,000 balloting again on joining strike action from five more departments including HMRC.

The action will take place on the TUC’s national day of action and will be largest civil service strike for many years, stepping up a month of strikes over pay, pensions, redundancy terms and job security.

PCS members in the Border Force and the DVLA are among those who have already been on strike but more departments will join the February strike day

How much longer can this shit go on for, while Rishi is flying around to take photos grinning next to pensioners. 

• Like 2

Â