The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I know some of you argue he is just nastier than he comes across, but *surely* he doesn’t for a minute think Braverman belongs in the cabinet for example, but there she is.

It's just that he's aware enough to know that he's leading a coalition government in all but name. If he doesn't suck up to the lunatics, he's out of power and his political career is over. 

Braverman backing him was the thing that stopped Johnson challenging him, and this was her reward. Take it away and...

• Like 1

Nadhim Zahawi has agreed to pay several million pounds in tax to the authorities after a dispute over his family’s financial affairs, it has been reported.

Representatives of the Conservative party chair are believed to be paying after questions over his use of an offshore company to hold shares in the polling firm YouGov, according to the Sun on Sunday.

The shares were held through Balshore Investments, a Gibraltar-registered family trust, from which he has previously denied benefiting.

Guardian link

Weirdly no mention of it on the BBC website.

• Like 1

The BBC, like every other publicly funded institution under this government has been absolutely gutted, they've destroyed the integrity of the BBC's news output and it's become a mouthpiece for the Tories.

The lack of coverage for Zahawi is a disgrace - they've even closed down just about all of their "Have your say" comments sections so that it's not mentioned by readers  anywhere on their website. Currently you can comment on Emma Radacanu winning or on a good news story about M&S opening twenty new shops - that's it - that's the debate.

It's a topic that's been completely shut down.

36 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Why isn't Zawahi going to trial?

Why isn't he at the very least getting the sack?

Tax evasion to the tune of £3m isn't a misdemeanour, he's stolen that money from schools, from hospitals, from our roads; just saying "Ah you got me, have it back" isn't enough.

This country is odd, in France they'd have burned down his lovely warm barn with him inside it - and they'd have been right.

Ten years ago this is a huge story and he is stepping down as an MP, even 5 or 6 years ago he is likely to lose the whip. The Tories though have gradually lowered the bar as to what is now acceptable and the bar is now so low even the world champion limbo dancer wouldn't attempt to get under it.

Unreal to think he is still the chairman of the Tory party with not even a mention of him stepping down.

Edited by markavfc40

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

The BBC, like every other publicly funded institution under this government has been absolutely gutted, they've destroyed the integrity of the BBC's news output and it's become a mouthpiece for the Tories.

The lack of coverage for Zahawi is a disgrace - they've even closed down just about all of their "Have your say" comments sections so that it's not mentioned by readers  anywhere on their website. Currently you can comment on Emma Radacanu winning or on a good news story about M&S opening twenty new shops - that's it - that's the debate.

And I still see loads of gammons on FB saying they won't watch the BBC because it's a woke lefty mouthpiece. 

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

And I still see loads of gammons on FB saying they won't watch the BBC because it's a woke lefty mouthpiece. 

And deliberately so, the way to control debate isn't to clamp down on everything, but to encourage lively, opinionated argument on subjects that don't affect the people who are making money. The BBC would love us all to be arguing about the rights of trans women to swim in public baths rather than the billions that have been squirrelled away to friends of this government.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I can understand this though, the BBC for the most part reflects the biases of our cultural elite, and so is generally pretty liberal on social issues. However, for fear of offending the Tories it has become increasingly right-wing on economic matters. Thus you end up with a situation in which both left and right feel that the BBC favours the other side

• Like 2

Now, you’ve got to presume Nadhim isn’t thick. He managed to conceal £3Million in his unpaid taxes for quite a while whilst operating as a Minister of State. He’s also managed to keep the BBC well away from the story that he’s now paying that back but there isn’t any sort of investigation or prosecution.

So, if he’s not thick, he must just be a deliberate liar? 

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just noticed this comment on the BBC report of Andy Murray’s match today. Fair play to him/her BBC

Comment posted by Tralfamadorean, today at 08:30
Wonderful!! Let's talk about tennis rather that a government minister who cheated on his tax and had to pay back over £3000000. The BBC don't consider this to be newsworthy. They will rapidly take this down, but I have had my say, and you temporarily have a piece of information that is clearly not of any importance.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Now, you’ve got to presume Nadhim isn’t thick. He managed to conceal £3Million in his unpaid taxes for quite a while whilst operating as a Minister of State. He’s also managed to keep the BBC well away from the story that he’s now paying that back but there isn’t any sort of investigation or prosecution.

So, if he’s not thick, he must just be a deliberate liar? 

I do wonder why politicians use Twitter now. Every time they post something it acts as a nice big board for people to make all the other people aware of the kind of person you are. Comments are always 99% negative towards the tweeter.

This one was a good reply.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Protect hardworking people from damaging strikes by banning hardworking people from being allowed to strike. I'd never get bored of punching that word removed in the face.

I don't get why any member of the public would support this. 

What are we becoming?

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Protect hardworking people from damaging strikes by banning hardworking people from being allowed to strike. I'd never get bored of punching that word removed in the face.

Yes, you say that, but the thing is how can we fail to get an ambulance because the NHS is ****, if they're on strike and I can't get an ambulance? How can I not get an operation because there's a shortage of nurses and Doctors, if they're on strike about the shortage of Nurses and Doctors and the wage erosion they've suffered?

Â