The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

From the BBC live feed

It means Kwarteng is the second shortest-serving UK chancellor on record.

The shortest serving chancellor, Iain Macleod, died of a heart attack 30 days after taking the job in 1970.

Since 2019, the UK has had four chancellors, including Nadhim Zahawi who served the third shortest tenure with 63 days during a short-lived reshuffle under Boris Johnson, and Sajid Javid who served 204 days - the fourth shortest tenure since the Second World War.

Nadhim Zahawi was only a temporary one, granted, but that is another indicator of how unstable the Tories are at the moment. Think Truss has gone "him or me".

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Can we get Channel 4 to do it?

Sadly, it looks like it might well be future election loser Jeremy Hunt.

Jeremy hunt that wanted to reduce Corporation tax to 15% That Jeremy Hunt? :D 

The Jeremy Hunt that managed to garner a whole 18 votes in the latest leadership election and was the first candidate to be eliminated

There'll be no election now as they'll lose.

This will continue in the hope that something sticks over the next two years.

Right now, being really grey and not on the front pages of the news every day as you roll from one disaster to another would count as 'something sticking'.

I wonder if this will signal the end of populism? 

It started with Dave Cameron when he bowed to the external pressure of Farage & co and had it in his manifesto about Brexit.

It continued when Cammo left once "Leave" won and May stepped in, even though you would argue she'd know "Leave" would still be a bad idea.

Then good ole'clown'fatboiii' Boris steps up, after being a backer of "Leave" with Gove etc who only really wanted to go for "Leave" because it would potentially further their careers..

Then Boris did a Boris and we found out (slower than we should have as a country) that the man is an idiot, so he got booted.. And now we have the Queen of Populism Liz Truss.

Liz Truss, who used to be a very active Lib Dem, but changed her allegiance (and entire ethical/political outlook) to become a safe Tory seat owner - how lovely. 

Then when Boris got the boot, and despite Liz being pretty **** cringeworthy whenever she spoke about PORK.MARKETS :D or how shit IS.A.DISGRACE 😐 she said what she thought was needed to get in, with apparently no further intelligence that eventually, lies DO CATCH UP with you.  

If I wasn't living in the loony bin, I'd be **** loving it :lol:

5 minutes ago, choffer said:

no guarantees obviously but it looks like the script writers of this show are about to turn the heat up. 

So these are MPs on the minority side of supporting Kwarteng's measures?

Or do they really hate Jeremy Hunt?

Did they never vote for Liz Truss?

Wtf is a "senior Tory" these days?

So many questions and I also doubt there's a "serious" person in the party right now. We're witnessing the graduation ceremony of Clown University

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, choffer said:

no guarantees obviously but it looks like the script writers of this show are about to turn the heat up. 

I wonder if these senior tory mp's include Sunak, Hunt, Javid e.t.c you know the other people that also wanted the job.

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Jeremy hunt that wanted to reduce Corporation tax to 15% That Jeremy Hunt? :D 

The Jeremy Hunt that managed to garner a whole 18 votes in the latest leadership election and was the first candidate to be eliminated

That's the badger. The Beeb reckon he's favourite.

Madhouse.

Â