The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Just now, Davkaus said:

Is Johnson doing anything we wouldn't expect our country to be doing? He's not providing particularly inspiring leadership, he's not dragging the country kicking and screaming - I see absolutely no reason why Johnson paying for his mistakes and being replaced would significantly change the approach, or lead to any kind of disruption to our response to what's going on in Ukraine. He's not sat in No 10 pushing tank figurines around on a map of a battlefield. He's not lugging the kit over there himself.

Exactly, if what we’re doing already is the right and proper thing to be doing then there’s no reason to think it wouldn’t continue under other stewardship.

• Like 3

And to add to that, if it's the case that there's nobody else in the cabinet capable of stepping in and leading in his absence, what a scandal. What an absolute dereliction of duty to fail to ensure the right people are in place. What's our plan if Boris gets hit by a bus, shut the country down for a few weeks? 

The PM is supposed to be the first among equals in the cabinet. They're accountable, but certainly shouldn't be a single point of failure, and it says it all about the sycophants and bottom-feeders that Boris surrounds himself with that anyone should fear his absence.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

could you imagine being Zelensky? Imagine agreeing military aid with the U.K. leader on the weekend then finding out the U.K. had undergone regime change a few days later and because of a party a couple of years ago. He would be tearing his hair out in despair.

It's Ben Wallace the Defence Minister doing the lifting, Johnson just does the PR.

"Prime Minister, it's Zelensky here, I need some weapons"

"I'll get Ben on to it right away - he'll arrange it all and pass you the details"

"Thanks"

"In return, I'd like to pop over like the EU leader did, and like the Polish and other leaders did and do a walkabout and have a chat - are you on for that?"

"Sure, the UK has been a real help, I'd be glad to host you" 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What's our plan if Boris gets hit by a bus

I know this is only a hypothetical but if there is a bus is there any chance you can book me a window seat preferably top deck right at the front and also one at the back so I can run to the rear and witness the reverse strike.  I am happy to pay double fare. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OK, I know it's Facebook, but I just saw a newsfeed item on there with Starmer calling on Bozo to resign. Now, I'd expect some Tory comments in response, but I was shocked at how overwhelmingly negative they were. Literally page after page after page, of how Starmer is even worse, how he was a defender of Jimmy Savile, etc., etc. Truly depressing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I know this is only a hypothetical but if there is a bus is there any chance you can book me a window seat preferably top deck right at the front and also one at the back so I can run to the rear and witness the reverse strike.  I am happy to pay double fare. 

Boris going out with his shit smeared all over a bus would certainly be a poetic death.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Obviously who the Tory Party decides be the Prime Minister is only dependent on what’s best for The Tory Party...

FTTY. The UK doesn't get to decide this, not for another 2 years

London has a very vibrant tradition of mass street protest. I'm surprised there hasn't been much visible action against Johnson. 

I'm still waiting for a March for Democracy event in D.C., but it's crickets here. Really disappointing. 

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

. He's not sat in No 10 pushing tank figurines around on a map of a battlefield. He's not lugging the kit over there himself.

Michael Fabriwordremoved is down to do tomorrow morning’s media rounds claiming that he is.

• Like 1

Â