The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Dorries

The worse it looks for the Tory filth, the more they'll want the national broadcasters privatised.

After all, we can't possibly have the Beeb turning on the Chums when it could be looking after the interests of wealthy new owners.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So this week they've kept their second jobs and broken up the NHS under cover of Peppa Pig. 

They're nothing if not imaginative in their approach.

Can't even maintain a consistent line on Peppa Pig FFS:

Was Kay Burley literally wetting herself at the prospect of asking him about this or something?

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Screenshot_2021-11-24-12-13-41-21_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Where does comedy and satire end and defamation start? Personally I think that's a slippery slope Corbyn is going down

What would he have done if Private Eye did the same? As I think it's perfectly in the realm of what PE do on a fortnightly basis

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Where does comedy and satire end and defamation start? Personally I think that's a slippery slope Corbyn is going down

What would he have done if Private Eye did the same? As I think it's perfectly in the realm of what PE do on a fortnightly basis

It really isn't. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Re Channel 4 I read in one news article that the money raised in this will be an tiny fraction of the billions still owned by the taxpayers in Lloyds and Royal Bank of Scotland. It is completely a political move. Channel 4 must be delighted to move to Leeds and not have the HS2 line to use.

Lloyds has been privately owned again for a few years now. 

RBS (Natwest) is still majority publicly owned. 

The whole thing is here if you want to be amused/alarmed/horrified or whatever.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0012mf3/select-committees-dcms-committee-with-nadine-dorries

The DCMS select committee evidence session with the new secretary of state for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, Nadine Dorries, from Wednesday 23 November. 

Although I think John Nicolson has covered all of the important points in his tweet.

I mean, I'm sort of conditioned to expect a certain amount of horror from this government, but I am genuinely flabbergasted. She's an angry, ill informed, culture warrior that seems to have been promoted into a position that she's not only unsuitable for but is actually dangerously unsuited to.

It's like putting me in charge of the economy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's like putting me in charge of the economy.

Or Boris Johnson in charge of London. Or Boris Johnson in charge of the Foreign Office. Or Boris Johnson in charge of the country. Or Boris Johnson in charge of a child.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Or Boris Johnson in charge of London. Or Boris Johnson in charge of the Foreign Office. Or Boris Johnson in charge of the country. Or Boris Johnson in charge of a child.

I bet Carrie doesn’t trust him alone with the baby 

• Haha 1

Â