The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 minutes ago, Swerbs said:

So tries to own Labour by one upping their proposals responding to a mess created entirely created by himself, which potentially will cause a new Tory civil war? 🤣

I can only imagine that this is Johnson actually attempting to fall on his sword

He's attacking the very reason about 75% of his MPs are actually in Parliament

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bickster said:

I can only imagine that this is Johnson actually attempting to fall on his sword

Johnson will be alright as he’ll make all his money after he leaves his job. The others need the title to earn the £££’s

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Made even more amusing by the fact that today marks the day that Owen Paterson would have been halfway through his suspension.

The story would have left the papers about twelve days ago, had they not gone out of their way to be ****s, and had to watch the whole thing blow up in their ugly faces.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I mean yes, but also no. Isn’t it the shopping trolley thing? Firstly throbbers are in his ear about getting Patterson off the hook and weakening the regulator person, then the public go mad and the recent red wall type MPs are in his ear about how angry people are, so he reverse ferrets…and now all the safe seat, on the make Southern Tory MPs see their side earnings under massive threat.

He might end up with his whole parliamentary party furious with him, but to me it will be more death by utter incompetence and immorality, than any kind of planned sword falling

1 hour ago, blandy said:

He might end up with his whole parliamentary party furious with him, but to me it will be more death by utter incompetence and immorality, than any kind of planned sword falling

Yes, I also think more incompetence. Also have two other unformed, maybe mostly baseless suspicions, one being that he just gets kind of bored and decides to test the limits of what he can get away with at times, and the other being a slight suspicion around alcohol consumption. 

They should have less MP's (about 450-500) , should have a higher annual salary and not have any other perks nor allowed to work commercial paid jobs on the side. 80 grand a year is about the going rate for a  slightly experienced solicitor in London so there is a debate about what they are paid but they should bloody work for it. They should take the recommendations of the Jenkins Commission out of the freezer and actually reform  the voting system to represent what people vote for (more people vote for parties other than Tory in most elections).

Also completely reform House of Lords to a 200 person chamber which is democratic and less attached to all of the political parties. It is laughable that the present state has existed for over 20 years of a very small  amount of heredity peers still exist  in the 21st century (in fact this is the only time when voting for replacements occurs)  and a vast bloated cohort of political cronies get selected by whoever is in power.  

Oh just seen a pig fly past my window.

This week, we learned that Stanley Johnson - father of Boris - has been accused by two women of groping them. 

Today, Rachel Johnson - sister of Boris - has a new column in the Spectator!

Let's take a look:

It’s hard not to pity Ghislaine Maxwell

We met briefly at Oxford

'[...]

It’s hard not to feel a batsqueak of pity for Ghislaine Maxwell — 500 days and counting in solitary confinement. I intersected briefly with her at Oxford. As a fresher I wandered into Balliol JCR one day in search of its subsidised breakfast granola-and-Nescafé offering and found a shiny glamazon with naughty eyes holding court astride a table, a high-heeled boot resting on my brother Boris’s thigh. She gave me a pitying glance but I did manage to snag an invite to her party in Headington Hill Hall — even though I wasn't in the same college as her and Boris. I have a memory of her father, Bob, coming out in a towelling robe and telling us all to go home. I’m sure fairweather friends would not reveal they went to a Ghislaine Maxwell party: as Barbara Amiel’s brilliant memoir Friends and Enemies proves, you only know who your real chums are when you’re in the gutter.'

from: https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/it-s-hard-not-to-pity-ghislaine-maxwell

She knows we can read this, right? Like, we can just click on the link and see it?

This **** family. This **** country. The state of us. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This week, we learned that Stanley Johnson - father of Boris - has been accused by two women of groping them. 

Let's take a look:

We met briefly at Oxford

'[...]

It’s hard not to feel a batsqueak of pity for Ghislaine Maxwell — 500 days and counting in solitary confinement. I intersected briefly with her at Oxford. As a fresher I wandered into Balliol JCR one day in search of its subsidised breakfast granola-and-Nescafé offering and found a shiny glamazon with naughty eyes holding court astride a table, a high-heeled boot resting on my brother Boris’s thigh. She gave me a pitying glance but I did manage to snag an invite to her party in Headington Hill Hall — even though I wasn't in the same college as her and Boris. I have a memory of her father, Bob, coming out in a towelling robe and telling us all to go home. I’m sure fairweather friends would not reveal they went to a Ghislaine Maxwell party: as Barbara Amiel’s brilliant memoir Friends and Enemies proves, you only know who your real chums are when you’re in the gutter.'

from: https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/it-s-hard-not-to-pity-ghislaine-maxwell

She knows we can read this, right? Like, we can just click on the link and see it?

Even putting the Maxwell stuff aside, the language used and the experiences described seem so alien to me. They might as well be living on a different planet to us normal people.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Even putting the Maxwell stuff aside, the language used and the experiences described seem so alien to me. They might as well be living on a different planet to us normal people.

Two possible ways to think about columns like this floating about in my head:

1 - This is best understood as a '**** you' to ordinary people like you and me, a 'look what we can get away with', and that they do this stuff because they found things like this funny when they were at Eton and Oxford and they've just never matured in any real way;

2 - This is actually a well-coded reminder to Maxwell that if she forgets certain awkward facts, friends in high places will make sure she lands okay, but that she'd better not forget who her 'chums' are

Maybe something else of course

Edited by HanoiVillan

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Two possible ways to think about columns like this floating about in my head:

1 - This is best understood as a '**** you' to ordinary people like you and me, a 'look what we can get away with', and that they do this stuff because they found things like this funny when they were at Eton and Oxford and they've just never matured in any real way;

2 - This is actually a well-coded reminder to Maxwell that if she forgets certain awkward facts, friends in high places will make sure she lands okay, but that she'd better not forget who her 'chums' are

Maybe something else of course

I'd add one more speculative and crazy conspiracy theory, and that now it seems like some high ups have decided that Johnson is being binned, there's no harm in a Spectator article which seems to have no more substance to it than "my brother Boris and I got on great with this alleged child sex-trafficker when we all used to hang out together".

Just like there doesn't seem to be anything that means Caroline Noakes needed to bring the Johnson family name into sexual misconduct accusations now, rather than last year, or the year before, or next year.

(to clarify, I don't believe any of this. But it's a bit odd how all these bits are being dripped in)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Let's take a look:

We met briefly at Oxford

'[...]

Granola... in a university undergraduate eating area... in around 1984... horseshit. From that excerpt it reads like a work of fiction.

I really don't get it, I don't get the point

Is she trying to bugger the whole family up and take one for the Anti-Johnson team, in his favourite magazine?

***confused***

EDIT: For my sins I have just read the entire piece and would gladly cross the road to slap her across the face with a large wet fish

• Haha 1

Â