The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

18 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

It pleases me the Tories seem to be losing support but it saddens me that it doesn't appear to be for the reasons they should be.

Mask mandates and dinghies seems to be what's making some of their supporters turn.

That really isn't the case. I'm not aware of any polls published with fieldwork done since the announcement at 5pm on Saturday. Sleaze and corruption is definitely what has lead to their drop in support. Mask mandates etc might see it fall further but may also gain them some support too, that is yet to be seen. Looking at the polling trends the Tories support has been falling since June and Labour's has been rising in a similar timeframe, two weeks ago they crossed with Labour getting more support than the Tories and that trend has continued since.

The Tories support has been a steady decline and Labour's a steady rise over the last 6 months

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

That really isn't the case. I'm not aware of any polls published with fieldwork done since the announcement at 5pm on Saturday. Sleaze and corruption is definitely what has lead to their drop in support. Mask mandates etc might see it fall further but may also gain them some support too, that is yet to be seen. Looking at the polling trends the Tories support has been falling since June and Labour's has been rising in a similar timeframe, two weeks ago they crossed with Labour getting more support than the Tories and that trend has continued since.

The Tories support has been a steady decline and Labour's a steady rise over the last 6 months

I'm basing it anecdotally from people I've spoken to or seen on social media.

But yeah, the sleaze thing did seem to stick although I'm convinced that that's only because the Heil and The Sun ran with it.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wow, I can’t believe an actual MP posted that. I’m absolutely lost for words. 

Knowing our Michael, I’m not. A family member told me about a story when he went into a local school, and started ranting about remoaners  

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

If one were trying to be sympathetic, the stuff the people might post on 2015 Twitter and the stuff people might post on 2021 Twitter isn't the same. I'd bet my last penny that there would be worse stuff from current MPs than that waiting to be dredged up.

But as I have little interest in being sympathetic to one of the worst c**** in a party formed exclusively of c****, I'm quite happy to see the Dougal-from-Magic-Roundabout-haired little t*** raked over the coals for the rest of his career over it. 

Obviously it won't - it's more likely to see him added to the cabinet as Minister for banter.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

Nothing surprises me with that Grade A prick. What is a head scratcher though is how thousands of people make the effort to go into a polling station and then stick an X next to his name. 

It's unbelievably sick.

And it should make more people worried. If you're entitled to an Irish passport for ancestry reasons, you should know that the British government are now giving themselves the power to revoke your British citizenship at any time with no warning.

• Like 1

Â