Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

I know that odds are an indication of where money is going, but in relegation markets I find it hard to believe that bookmakers don't spend hours weighing up scenarios.

The fact we are ONLY 4/1 to stay up gives me a bit of hope that when you step back from all the emotion, it's not an impossibility to map our way out of this.

I think we're down but I've said before, we've now set ourselves up whereby anything else would be like winning the champs league.

For the first time in a few seasons I'm actually looking forward to the rest of the season. Maybe because we can only look one way up the table. And because, I like the man in charge.

• Like 2

It's definitely still possible, if very unlikely.

But like I said before, that run of games starting in December is our last chance. If we get through those without picking up a few victories then we're done for.

Newcastle, West Ham, Norwich, Sunderland, Palace, Leicester, Baggies, West Ham, Norwich.

That's an incredibly favourable run. But we'll need to hit that run on a high to capitalise, because once that's over we've not got many opportunities left. We'd  need to win at least 4 of those games to even be entertaining the idea of staying up. Which is a huge ask.

The value of one win will be massive, in terms of confidence. The sooner we get it the better.

Edited by Stevo985

If we're in the Championship next season - who do you think will stay and who will go? You'd like to think we can keep Amavi because of his injury. The club seems to have sold themselves to the new signings as a stepping stone to greater things. How will that work if they aren't good enough to keep the side in the PL?

I would hope that this scenario was discussed with Garde before he committed and he will stay to rebuild.

Will Randy cash in on Grealish?

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

If we're in the Championship next season - who do you think will stay and who will go? You'd like to think we can keep Amavi because of his injury. The club seems to have sold themselves to the new signings as a stepping stone to greater things. How will that work if they aren't good enough to keep the side in the PL?

I would hope that this scenario was discussed with Garde before he committed and he will stay to rebuild.

I think if we can frame ourselves as a club who is going to come straight back up then we'll get a season out of a lot of players. Like Newcastle when they went down.

It's if we don't come straight back up that we'll struggle. Players won't stick around for longer than a season if that happens.

4 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I gurantee grealish will be the first to hand in a transfer request when we go down. Thats something the arrogant nerd would do i reckon

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I gurantee grealish will be the first to hand in a transfer request when we go down. Thats something the arrogant nerd would do i reckon

Inclined to agree with this. The way he's handled the international declaration shows he'll be easily influenced from the likes of his agent and other managers. That said he hasn't exactly looked like Champions League quality lately. Probably end up at Stoke...........

1 minute ago, KSV said:

Draw next month looks tough for most sides especially Sunderland. 

We have a good run after arsenal. Southampton we can get a point. Arsenal have few injuries.. You never know  

We just need that win to lift confidence I think.

It sounds like a cliché, but I really think one win would actually be worth 2 or 3 because it would lift everybody and take away that nervousness that is costing us.

If we could somehow beat Southampton or Arsenal (a big ask, I know) in preparation for that favourable run, we'd have a chance.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

We just need that win to lift confidence I think.

It sounds like a cliché, but I really think one win would actually be worth 2 or 3 because it would lift everybody and take away that nervousness that is costing us.

If we could somehow beat Southampton or Arsenal (a big ask, I know) in preparation for that favourable run, we'd have a chance.

reins.jpg

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think if we can frame ourselves as a club who is going to come straight back up then we'll get a season out of a lot of players. Like Newcastle when they went down.

It's if we don't come straight back up that we'll struggle. Players won't stick around for longer than a season if that happens.

Depend how much we're paying them though.

It would be good if Garde were to build a new team around Amavi/Veretout/Gana/Westwood/Ayew/Gil/Grealish/Traore and get them playing to the potential they clearly have and finally get some momentum.

I'd imagine the reality will be Pearson managing Guzan/Hutton/Lescott/Gabby/Richardson and bringing in the likes of Karl Henry and other Championship stalwarts

3 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Depend how much we're paying them though.

It would be good if Garde were to build a new team around Amavi/Veretout/Gana/Westwood/Ayew/Gil/Grealish/Traore and get them playing to the potential they clearly have and finally get some momentum.

I'd imagine the reality will be Pearson managing Guzan/Hutton/Lescott/Gabby/Richardson and bringing in the likes of Karl Henry and other Championship stalwarts

That's kind of what I was getting at. If we, as a club, say "right, we're going straight back up, we're happy to take a season of everybody's wages and we'll be back in the prem with TV money next season", then we can keep them.

If we decide we need to immediately further cut costs and cash in on players we can sell, then I'll be very worried

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's definitely still possible, if very unlikely.

But like I said before, that run of games starting in December is our last chance. If we get through those without picking up a few victories then we're done for.

Newcastle, West Ham, Norwich, Sunderland, Palace, Leicester, Baggies, West Ham, Norwich.

That's an incredibly favourable run. But we'll need to hit that run on a high to capitalise, because once that's over we've not got many opportunities left. We'd  need to win at least 4 of those games to even be entertaining the idea of staying up. Which is a huge ask.

The value of one win will be massive, in terms of confidence. The sooner we get it the better.

Win all of those and we're pretty much safe

27pts + 5pts = 33 with another 10+ games to pick up the remaining few points to see us home. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

With the professional approach and attitude he's shown lately I'll don't think people will be beating the door down to take him away. For another thread, but it takes more than talent alone to succeed in the modern game. 

Just now, Eames said:

27pts + 5pts = 33 with another 10+ games to pick up the remaining few points to see us home. 

Piece of piss then.

What are we all worried about? :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eames said:

Where we are currently I'll be glad to one one of those.  Win all of them on our current situation,  not a chance in hell.  People really need to relax and spend less time doing the permutations.  We are as good as down.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Piece of piss then.

What are we all worried about? :)

Exactly. 

Randy will force someone into buying the club and we will all live happily ever after. 

Â