Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

2 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

We're Screwed. Even IF we managed to beat Watford, I have zero confidence we'll get away with it again.

Hate is a strong word but I really, really hate Randy 'apathetic' Lerner! 

Yes, even a win won't take us off the bottom now.

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

This current squad might but if the manager stays hopefully he can rebuild the squad.

Personally I just want to see us win games now regardless of the league we are in. I'm bored of this constant rubbish.

At least Gestede would score a few in the Championship.

8 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

But our wage bill is higher than Everton's, Southampton, Swansea, Stoke. 

Not so much Randy being tight, but football decisions being terrible, especially the recruitment. 

Surely not! Everton?! Ridiculous if true 

The more this season goes on the more I look forward to next season in the Championship - at least we'll probably win more and score more goals.

If we get rid of them all (bar a couple maximum) then I'd agree to an extent. In my opinion some of the dross we have on our books wouldn't compete in the Championship.

3 minutes ago, Hanky said:

If we get rid of them all (bar a couple maximum) then I'd agree to an extent. In my opinion some of the dross we have on our books wouldn't compete in the Championship.

We don't need to get rid of them all. Under the right management I think a lot (certainly not all) of those players could do well in the Championship.

What are the positives of staying up? Because the past 5 years have basically made me ignore a sport I once loved and taken all the enjoyment out of supporting this club. Are we really that desperate to have more of the same?

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

What are the positives of staying up? Because the past 5 years have basically made me ignore a sport I once loved and taken all the enjoyment out of supporting this club. Are we really that desperate to have more of the same?

Our ever-present PL status stays intact.

That is literally all I can think of.

The Sunderland result was a shocker tonight to them as much as to us I would guess. We really have to beat Watford now it is our Cup Semi-Final (I would have said Cup Final but I am looking for a better performance than that this weekend).

I heard a Newcastle fan say that we are already down on Talk Sport today and that really got me going given how well they are playing. I am hoping that the players might have a similar reaction when they look at the clubs that are now too many points ahead of us. This may go down to the last game if we are to stay up but at the moment I hope we are still in with a chance (however slight) of staying up in March.

This was always going to be a tough season given the players we lost and the gamble the club were prepared to take on spending little more than they received on bringing in new players. Our players now need to show that they want to play to keep us up and the club need to find the funds we need in January to add players to the squad that will increase our chances of staying up. As fans we need to play our part but the players and club need to do the same!  

Edited by John

24 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What are the positives of staying up? Because the past 5 years have basically made me ignore a sport I once loved and taken all the enjoyment out of supporting this club. Are we really that desperate to have more of the same?

You obviously aren't, but I would rather this shit than the **** championship. But yeah let's get relegated just so you can feel better at the weekend. 

Edited by thabucks

1 hour ago, Supervillan78 said:

At least Gestede would score a few in the Championship.

I almost agree with this. Edit sorry picked wrong quote- but essentially the argument its better to go down and at least see us winning. But I all I can see 20,000 crowds at home and us being a forgotten mid table championship team. Would you trust Lerner to get us promoted? The wilderness beckons.

Bright Future?

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â