Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

If anything this has been coming and whilst I don't want it I'm more than prepared. If I was to pick a relegation scenario it would be this now: where anything other than going down is a bonus really as it looks so bleak. 

The last few years have been horrible. Really tense affairs. Now we can be that team that makes survival feel like winning the champs league. Not saying that's where a team like us should be, just that I would prefer this scenario (and go down) than the last few years scenarios (and go down).

Needless to say id just rather stay up.

Madman ramblings complete. As you were.......

17 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Would be typically us to go down just as the mega TV money kicks in....

People have been mentioning tv money kicking in each year for the last 3/4 years. It hasn't and won't make a jott of a difference under Lerner. 

• Like 4

Not wishing to enter the world of hyperbole but I really do think unless we beat Watford on Saturday, we are heading for relegation. We have to get a win on the board. Even if we beat Watford it is a hell of a way back, but it would be a start. Yet another useless home defeat is not a option.

I am fed up of Villa being the butt of everyone's jokes. I want to think the Villa players feel the same. Get some bloody pride back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

People have been mentioning tv money kicking in each year for the last 3/4 years. It hasn't and won't make a jott of a difference under Lerner. 

True dat! An I think you get 100 million for going down. Im with alot of people on here, If we perform against any other team as we performed on Saturday, its bye bye Premiership.

Also, I still want to be positive, but i'm thinking Watford for me may be the defining game

I think our new players will improve and at some point we will gain a style, and a way of winning. Look at Veretout, Tim never even spoke to him, up until two games ago he was thinking he shouldn't be at Villa and probably had his mind on how to move or on his new kid. Everton was gutting, but we were only ever going for the draw, so that's just what we had to do and it failed because Everton got their early goal and that was that. We will know more after Watford - but we could end the season playing lovely football having completely clicked, but drop by the margin of a few points that there simply wasn't time to get under Garde.

As the old saying goes "If you think you can, you can.....if you think you can't you can't"

however, if you watch the games it appears the players have the thought that they can't......that's the worry IMO.

Straw clutching here but in recent seasons when we've really HAD to win at Villa Park we tend to turn up. This weekend is one of those games. 

On paper however having watched Watford at the weekend they are MUCH better than us so the fans will have to be up for it. 

We just need a spark to get us all going in the same direction again. A lot of people have given up but then the same could be said after Hull away last season.  But then Sherwood came in and we did nothing but the last minute win against the baggies then the quarter final win got everyone pulling together and we all had that pride and belief at the semi that Villa were back.  I know it never carried on but if that spark happens again we can escape.  Don't care how but something has to happen and we can all will them on for the rest of the season.  

I've already accepted relegation but judging by a few posts on here and a few people on twitter if we lose against Watford it seems that would be the tipping point for the majority of the fan base to probably accept relegation which is fair enough.

Still in our hands but I personally don't think we are good enough to win games in this league.

• Like 1

Â