Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

53 minutes ago, Mantis said:

We don't need to get rid of them all. Under the right management I think a lot (certainly not all) of those players could do well in the Championship.

Blimey I would hope so....I was under the impression we were signing them on big wages and big money to do well in the premier league, not as long term projects for the championship.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arj Guy said:

But our wage bill is higher than Everton's, Southampton, Swansea, Stoke. 

Not so much Randy being tight, but football decisions being terrible, especially the recruitment. 

Where is the evidence for statements like this? I understand historically that may have been the case but I am fairly confident it isn't this season. Bunn isn't paid more than Given, Gestede isn't paid more than Bent, Veretout isn't paid more than Delph, Gana isn't getting what Cleverley got, Richards might match Vlaar? I also bet the likes of Lowton, Weimann and even Sylla get more money than their replacements (Crespo, Ayew and Ilori)

Such is the gap in quality between these players, I'd confidently guess we are saving at least £100-150k a week from last years wages. You know, from the squad that finished 17th and lost all its decent players. That's why Lerner deserves all he gets.

Edited by jackbauer24

Well to say we expected a difficult season was one thing.....this is an entirely different ball game we are in.

If anyone thinks it will go to the wire.....not for us it won't it will be over very quickly for us.

i don't think anybody associated with our club had any idea we would be so poor in relation to results.....which makes it all the more shocking.

what tickles me with our performances.....is we then lose players on international duty.....internationals my ****as Jim Royle would say.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Blimey I would hope so....I was under the impression we were signing them on big wages and big money to do well in the premier league, not as long term projects for the championship.

No shit, but then again that wasn't the point I was making and you know that.

By next season.. if some of these farkers who arent trying properly for the club are sold off.

We can then buy a few new players that Remi will want.. and promote some of our youth who we seem to have 3-4 good players coming through who are likely to handle the championship. Suliman Corey Taylor Hepburn-Murphy Calder Andre Green etc. Remi can bring them through along with a few who may stay and a few new players. Just like he did at Lyon. Unfortunately at Aston Villa we may need to drop down a division to do it.

Too risky to give these kids games in the premier league. ( I would be for it as our 'senior' players are rubbish).

1 hour ago, Arj Guy said: But our wage bill is higher than Everton's, Southampton, Swansea, Stoke. 

Not so much Randy being tight, but football decisions being terrible, especially the recruitment. 

Where is the evidence for statements like this? I understand historically that may have been the case but I am fairly confident it isn't this season. Bunn isn't paid more than Given, Gestede isn't paid more than Bent, Veretout isn't paid more than Delph, Gana isn't getting what Cleverley got, Richards might match Vlaar? I also bet the likes of Lowton, Weimann and even Sylla get more money than their replacements (Crespo, Ayew and Ilori)

Such is the gap in quality between these players, I'd confidently guess we are saving at least £100-150k a week from last years wages. You know, from the squad that finished 17th and lost all its decent players. That's why Lerner deserves all he gets.

Football manager probably mate

7 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Agree with this

Edited by Arj Guy

8 hours ago, thabucks said:

You obviously aren't, but I would rather this shit than the **** championship. But yeah let's get relegated just so you can feel better at the weekend. 

What's so great about fighting relegation every year?

I am probably looking to grab at any tiny positives at the moment so therefore results wise I don’t think it was a terrible weekend for us. Of the bottom 6 (I am discarding Chelsea so Swansea down) then only one team won and two other teams drew.

The bottom line in all this is that it is now a 25 game season and we have to gain 5 points on three teams above us. I think that is what needs to be drummed into the players. You focus on the fact we only have 5 points then you are looking back and not forward. We can’t change what has gone.

I do worry that games like Watford now in November have become huge games and that every game now is going to come with huge pressure and there will be tension inside Villa Park in the home games. I just wonder if some of these lads have the stomach to handle the pressure they are now under. I think as fans though we do need to use some of that nervous energy by fully backing the players and not resort to quickly getting on their backs and adding to the pressure.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

We need help from other clubs and we aint getting it

Looking more grim by the day

We shouldnt be relying on that at this stage, our team of losers need to grow some balls and fight for this club. Only a few individuals are

42 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I said it in last years thread, but it's worth repeating.

Playing in the Championship is all well and good for Villa fans who live in the UK, but for people like me it will mean zero chance to watch Villa play at all. Outside of the UK, no one even knows that there is a league 'underneath' the Premier league.

There will be no obscure Dutch stream covering the game, no full match videos after the games, I am sure that VT participation will drop off in general, it's just bad news all round.

I enjoy my Premier League weekends despite Villa getting tonked every week because the other games have some sort of bearing on our position. No Villa = less Premier League enjoyment as a whole for me.

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewie said:

I said it in last years thread, but it's worth repeating.

Playing in the Championship is all well and good for Villa fans who live in the UK, but for people like me it will mean zero chance to watch Villa play at all. Outside of the UK, no one even knows that there is a league 'underneath' the Premier league.

There will be no obscure Dutch stream covering the game, no full match videos after the games, I am sure that VT participation will drop off in general, it's just bad news all round.

I enjoy my Premier League weekends despite Villa getting tonked every week because the other games have some sort of bearing on our position. No Villa = less Premier League enjoyment as a whole for me.

People if we go down the Villa exposure drops significantly, we are use to (despite being crap) being on tv  alot that wont happen. we wont even feature on MOTD

Going down is absolutely the worst thing that can happen. We will be the next Forest, Leeds

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Not much but we are still here with a fighting chance of staying up. However shit we have been we are still only 5 points adrift with 20 odd games to go. I just don't understand the mindset of people who wouldn't mind to see us relegated just so they can feel better about themselves and the club personally but each to ones own. 

Take Fulham, Bolton Wigan etc for example no guarantees we would come back up and we could face mid table mediocrity in the championships for years. Or get promoted right away or even relegated to division one. No one knows but yeah I'd rather be battling relegation each season than experience it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I am probably looking to grab at any tiny positives at the moment so therefore results wise I don’t think it was a terrible weekend for us. Of the bottom 6 (I am discarding Chelsea so Swansea down) then only one team won and two other teams drew.

The bottom line in all this is that it is now a 25 game season and we have to gain 5 points on three teams above us. I think that is what needs to be drummed into the players. You focus on the fact we only have 5 points then you are looking back and not forward. We can’t change what has gone.

I do worry that games like Watford now in November have become huge games and that every game now is going to come with huge pressure and there will be tension inside Villa Park in the home games. I just wonder if some of these lads have the stomach to handle the pressure they are now under. I think as fans though we do need to use some of that nervous energy by fully backing the players and not resort to quickly getting on their backs and adding to the pressure.

Absolutely agree with that mark......this is the place to have a moan or express the negatives......but in the ground or around BMH it has to be all positives.

My concern is when watching the games is looking at school boy errors.....the first goal at Everton was well worked by them, but we have to discipline ourselves to keep our shape....they had 2 players at the back post with Gil turning up as a token gesture.....this sort of stuff has to be addressed quick.

I f we can't get the basics right, it will be over by xmas.

we must make some of these teams work for their wins at the very least, that game the weekend was like a training session.

we all know that when you are down there, nothing goes for you and it is debatable whether technical ability us the prime requisite for getting us out.

Hard work is the only chance we have, allied to a massive fighting spirit and a togetherness.

where we find it from i don't know.

• Like 1

Â