Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

31 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

If we can win the next 3 games (massive hypothetical), then we only need 6-7 wins from the remaining 19 games, which doesn't seem impossible does it?

Lets just bloody win the next 3 games first though!!!! 

I does make it impossible - because that would mean playing 39 games in a season... :ph34r:

There was an article at I read somewhere towards the start of the season saying that if Sunderland get relegated then they'll be in a really bad way financially more so than most clubs who go down, I can't remember the exact details but it might have been something to do with players not having relegation clauses in their contracts. Either way I don't think they'll have much of an advantage over us, should we both drop.

25 minutes ago, useless said:

There was an article at I read somewhere towards the start of the season saying that if Sunderland get relegated then they'll be in a really bad way financially more so than most clubs who go down, I can't remember the exact details but it might have been something to do with players not having relegation clauses in their contracts. Either way I don't think they'll have much of an advantage over us, should we both drop.

Oh really did not know that, in my opinion it should be standard. If we went down all the players deserve a pay decrease for their pathetic performances this season

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Oh really did not know that, in my opinion it should be standard. If we went down all the players deserve a pay decrease for their pathetic performances this season

I think it's been reported a few times that we started introducing relegation clauses into all staffs contracts a few seasons back.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

I think it's been reported a few times that we started introducing relegation clauses into all staffs contracts a few seasons back.

Knowing Randy it was more money for the inconvenience and an additional two-years to Gabby's contract.

• Like 1

I can do math.  I have a brain.  The smart money would be betting on us to go down.  Any other outcome is highly improbable.  But I am choosing to irrationally cling to the outside, small possibility that we put a few games together, snatch a couple unbelievable wonders in the transfer window and start to perform as we all would love to watch.  Stumbling to survival with a draw on the final day would be dream outcome.  Can you just let me dream a bit longer?

All those of you who are being merely reasonable, please stop being so damned confident of the virtual inevitable.  Hold on to some irrational smidgen of hope with me.  It will make me feel much better.  Thanks,

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I can do math.  I have a brain.  The smart money would be betting on us to go down.  Any other outcome is highly improbable.  But I am choosing to irrationally cling to the outside, small possibility that we put a few games together, snatch a couple unbelievable wonders in the transfer window and start to perform as we all would love to watch.  Stumbling to survival with a draw on the final day would be dream outcome.  Can you just let me dream a bit longer?

All those of you who are being merely reasonable, please stop being so damned confident of the virtual inevitable.  Hold on to some irrational smidgen of hope with me.  It will make me feel much better.  Thanks,

It is the hope that kills you.

6 hours ago, Arj Guy said:

That's what loads of people said about the Watford and Newcastle games

What I mean is that IF (yes a huge gigantic IF) we beat West Ham - not Barca, not Man Citeh, but West Ham, IF we beat West Ham, we hit 10 points - then go away to Naarwich and then Sunderland - possibly with a spring in our step. So IF we beat West Ham, the battle to stay up, is on. Lose or draw and I think we are sort of done. And to be fair look at Watford now, not such an easy game in hindsight...

• Like 1

Â