Refugee crisis

StefanAVFC

As always I'm in complete agreement with AWOL.

Returning to the EU for a moment, Bosnia is yet another example of its failure to act.

I simply don't think it is good enough to say things like this are unprecedented as some sort of excuse for their handling of the situation. 

Even with ever increasing integration the EU continues to show itself as being completely incapable of co-ordination of nations in such matters and has no pre-planned solutions.

The warning signs were there for this for long enough but they are too busy faffing about with unimportant crap to deal with the very situations European co-operation should be about.

As for polls on the referendum I'm not sure how much notice I take of them but I know how I will be voting.

• Like 2

What gets me is, as we all know the media are mostly goverment driven so don't expect to hear its a major crisis and the EU have no idea how to deal with it.. We all know this is beyond control and is turning into on of the worst we have seen in many years.

I think you've definitely put the cart before the horse there 

Even with ever increasing integration the EU continues to show itself as being completely incapable of co-ordination of nations in such matters and has no pre-planned solutions.

The warning signs were there for this for long enough but they are too busy faffing about with unimportant crap to deal with the very situations European co-operation should be about.

Exactly this, Germany's actions have been remarkable (unilaterally revoking EU agreements and worsening the crisis) but the latest appears to be members of Merkel's government proposing that EU funding should be withheld from Eastern European countries that refuse to take arbitrary migrant quotas that have no basis in law.  

First off it's not Germany's money to withhold, secondly is the EU simply an extension of German power to do as directed by Berlin without question? A bit of pressure over this and the financial crisis and the mask has really slipped, imo.

• Like 1

Exactly this, Germany's actions have been remarkable (unilaterally revoking EU agreements and worsening the crisis) but the latest appears to be members of Merkel's government proposing that EU funding should be withheld from Eastern European countries that refuse to take arbitrary migrant quotas that have no basis in law.  

First off it's not Germany's money to withhold, secondly is the EU simply an extension of German power to do as directed by Berlin without question? A bit of pressure over this and the financial crisis and the mask has really slipped, imo.

Ha! Not the first time in recent history that they've tried to destroy Eastern Europe. 

@Rugeley Villa , What's the difference between the anti jewish and christian propaganda that you're criticising occurring in the middle east, and the anti Islam propaganda you've written in that post?

Just bumping this question. I assume Ruge missed it.

Daft question though tbf. How can you compare Rugeley's 'anti Islam' stance to the slaughter of thousands of Christians in various parts of the world. Not surprised he didn't reply.

@Rugeley Villa , What's the difference between the anti jewish and christian propaganda that you're criticising occurring in the middle east, and the anti Islam propaganda you've written in that post?

Daft question though tbf. How can you compare Rugeley's 'anti Islam' stance to the slaughter of thousands of Christians in various parts of the world. Not surprised he didn't reply.

He did reply......

I can't say I like what Europe has become over the past week. The sight of fences going up along national borders is disgusting. They're people, not a horde of rabid dogs. They deserve to be treated with respect and humanity. There is nothing brave or strong about sticking up fences, it's a cowardly act with no motivation other than political gain.

Or non muslims persecuting muslims?

Palestinians
Syrians (Assad wanted people to call him God or be killed)
Mynamar Muslims -
http://www.economist.com/news/asia/21654124-myanmars-muslim-minority-have-been-attacked-impunity-stripped-vote-and-driven
Iraqis (Bush and Blair)
Afghanis
Pakistanis (drones)

It's not a competition but my point is that people of all faiths are being persecuted around the world. Depends where you look and what angle you want to take.

If the roles were reversed.  What would happen If a mass of western people started marching towards the middle eastern countries ?

Western people would just go to another western country, they wouldn't go anywhere near the middle east

Or non muslims persecuting muslims?

Palestinians
Syrians (Assad wanted people to call him God or be killed)
Mynamar Muslims -
http://www.economist.com/news/asia/21654124-myanmars-muslim-minority-have-been-attacked-impunity-stripped-vote-and-driven
Iraqis (Bush and Blair)
Afghanis
Pakistanis (drones)

It's not a competition but my point is that people of all faiths are being persecuted around the world. Depends where you look and what angle you want to take.

Even on VT. :)

Why is it daft?

Rugely was moaning about people spreading anti christian propaganda. Not any slaughtering. Not in the part I was referencing.

I was asking what the difference was between people spreading anti christian propaganda, and him spreading anti islam propaganda.

If the roles were reversed.  What would happen If a mass of western people started marching towards the middle eastern countries ?

Again not trying to cause offence with my uneducated questions.

Even if the answer to this is they'd kill us all or they'd lock the doors and throw away the key, that is no reason for us to do the same thing.

• Like 3

Again not trying to cause offence with my uneducated questions.

There would be a forum topic created on the Al Ain FC Forums with people talking about the western migrant crisis and how we have to be careful because some of them may be terrorists, rapists, murderers etc

And it would be called a crusade! 

Why is it daft?

Rugely was moaning about people spreading anti christian propaganda. Not any slaughtering. Not in the part I was referencing.

I was asking what the difference was between people spreading anti christian propaganda, and him spreading anti islam propaganda.

im not spreading anything and im not really moaning about what they teach over in the middle east, just pointing out how kids at an early age are taught to hate jews and the west.

Â