Refugee crisis

StefanAVFC

If the roles were reversed.  What would happen If a mass of western people started marching towards the middle eastern countries ?

Again not trying to cause offence with my uneducated questions.

Even if the answer to this is they'd kill us all or they'd lock the doors and throw away the key, that is no reason for us to do the same thing.

i agree we should help them but there are only so many we can let in and we have to be careful who we let in plus from the looks of it loads of people are jumping on the bandwagon who should not be migrating leaving people who need genuine help stranded. damn right we would not be allowed a mass migration to the middle east but in europe we are more welcoming and open to other faiths.

If the roles were reversed.  What would happen If a mass of western people started marching towards the middle eastern countries ?

Even if the answer to this is they'd kill us all or they'd lock the doors and throw away the key, that is no reason for us to do the same thing.

i agree we should help them but there are only so many we can let in and we have to be careful who we let in plus from the looks of it loads of people are jumping on the bandwagon who should not be migrating leaving people who need genuine help stranded. damn right we would not be allowed a mass migration to the middle east but in europe we are more welcoming and open to other faiths.

How do you know this?

When you talk about "us" do you mean the UK? If so the governments proposed 20,000 over the next five years works out to something like 1/30th of a percent of our population...*

*I may be wrong about this.

How do you know this?

When you talk about "us" do you mean the UK? If so the governments proposed 20,000 over the next five years works out to something like 1/30th of a percent of our population...*

*I may be wrong about this.

just my opinion, could you see it? and if they did i dont think things would be made cosy for us. its irrelevant anyway because it wont happen and if we did need to migrate from europe america would be the place i would of thought.

Disgusting scenes in Hungary

If only these blokes could show the same fight against the enemy in their own country rather than the havoc they are wreaking on the soldiers doing their job who are defending their border

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

Just thank god we have the Conservatives in power! 20,000 over 5 years is a fair enough number as long as they are women and children (I.e genuine refugees). God forbid what the numbers would have been with Labour in charge.

As we all know, all men are inherently warlike and violent, whereas women are innocent victims. It's literally impossible for a man to be peaceful, and even if his community is threatened, creating legitimate female refugees, the man should stay and fight, even if he has no arms or military training and is literally going to pointlessly stand in front of a barrel of a gun. 

It's also totally unknown for women and children to want to bring their brothers, fathers, husbands or sons with them as they move to a new country FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES because they're actually thrilled to be leaving those inherently warlike, brutish men behind. 

• Like 3

It's not exactly racist, more unspeakably dumb than anything. 

Yeah, See I prefer that. Prejudice is more fitting I think.

Theres also a lot of xenophobic comments on here but i'm not sure about racist. Then again I haven't read every post.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Nothing wrong with labelling a racist comment.

Saying refugees can't be men is exactly that.

true but people get shot down for having certain views which imo are not racist, i would not say that was a racist comment by donnie but just an incorrect one as its quite obvious you can have male refugees.

Nothing wrong with labelling a racist comment.

Saying refugees can't be men is exactly that.

true but people get shot down for having certain views which imo are not racist, i would not say that was a racist comment by donnie but just an incorrect one as its quite obvious you can have male refugees.

Yes, I think I agree. The word 'racist' rarely creates a worthwhile discussion in my view (and I write as someone who has probably been too willing to use it in the past). 

can someone explain why muslim countries are not taking in these people as surely they would be more at home in a land not so far away.

If you were forced to leave your country, where would you go?

A country that happened to have the majority of the population the same religion as you, or the country that would be best for your family?

I think you're placing too much emphasis on religion here. I imagine for the majority of refugees, they couldn't care less what religion is practised in the country they're going to. After all, they're running from religious extremists. I imagine the distance between their home country and their new country is actually a good thing in their opinion.

• Like 2

Â