Tiago Ilori

Demitri_C

Sherwood said he's quite a while off being ready to play when he first signed him.

the clearing in the woods also said Traore was a development project 

Classy

• Like 4

Okore may have been well below par at the end of last season, but I think it was down to him playing with an injury. I still think he is our best all round defender or could be if he gets the time in and experience.

Either way our defence is again the weakest part of our team, only Richards and Amavi have really shown any half decent form this season, and Amavi has made plenty of crucial mistakes.

Ilori needs a chance soon if fit

Edited by VillanousOne

Sherwood said he's quite a while off being ready to play when he first signed him.

Classy

I suppose when you lose credibility by calling the last manager the best we had in 30 years you need to be able to take digs at current regime :rolleyes:

Rather take digs at the current regime than Villa supporters on an internet forum for having the temerity of holding an alternate opinion?

As we are told that this guy can play RB, I was hoping that the signing of Lescott would finally signal the end if Hutton and Bacuna. 

As we still have Clark and Okore (when fit) I still think RB is priority. 

Classy

I suppose when you lose credibility by calling the last manager the best we had in 30 years you need to be able to take digs at current regime :rolleyes:

Rather take digs at the current regime than Villa supporters on an internet forum for having the temerity of holding an alternate opinion?

Alternative opinion not an issue, but calling the manager a clearing in the woods? You are better than that Richard. 

• Like 4

Then it's for posters to have a go at me for that and not a previously expressed opinion

Not meaning to answer for Zatman but maybe he found it a little galling that you often described the previous manager, who left us on 22 points after 25 games and 12 goals scored heading for the Championship, as being the best manager we have had in 30 years yet you describe the man who played a massive part in salvaging the shambles Lambert left behind as a word removed. To be honest Richard it doesn't sit well with me either and as Xela said above you are better than that.

You may not like the manager, given your description it seems you don't, and I know others feel the same and have been waiting for things to go wrong so they can jump on his back. You and a number of others have gone way too early though as for one he is going nowhere for the foreseeable future and I am really hopeful he can turn things around given a little more time. I hope we are all hoping for the same.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

Then it's for posters to have a go at me for that and not a previously expressed opinion

Not meaning to answer for Zatman but maybe he found it a little galling that you often described the previous manager, who left us on 22 points after 25 games and 12 goals scored heading for the Championship, as being the best manager we have had in 30 years yet you describe the man who played a massive part in salvaging the shambles Lambert left behind as a word removed. To be honest Richard it doesn't sit well with me either and as Xela said above you are better than that.

You may not like the manager, given your description it seems you don't, and I know others feel the same and have been waiting for things to go wrong so they can jump on his back. You and a number of others have gone way too early though as for one he is going nowhere for the foreseeable future and I am really hopeful he can turn things around given a little more time. I hope we are all hoping for the same.

clearing in the woods, not word removed at least read my post

Come now everyone. If calling Traore a development player isn't a clearing in the woodsey thing to do then I don't know what is. That's hardly a character assassination.

The lad is 19. I'd hope that Sherwood said it to try and take a bit of pressure and off the lad and lower initial expectation levels.

You know Sherwood could be the biggest pr*ck to have ever stepped foot inside Villa Park. I don't know and I doubt any of us on here do. He could also be the worst manager we have had, at least in the last 30 years ;-), but I think it is way to early to judge. I think though some need to be careful not to rush to judgement on his managerial ability simply because he comes across as a cockney wide boy and they don't like him.

Anyway this has gone way off topic.

Come now everyone. If calling Traore a development player isn't a clearing in the woodsey thing to do then I don't know what is. That's hardly a character assassination.

The lad is 19. I'd hope that Sherwood said it to try and take a bit of pressure and off the lad and lower initial expectation levels.

You know Sherwood could be the biggest pr*ck to have ever stepped foot inside Villa Park. I don't know and I doubt any of us on here do. He could also be the worst manager we have had, at least in the last 30 years ;-), but I think it is way to early to judge. I think though some need to be careful not to rush to judgement on his managerial ability simply because he comes across as a cockney wide boy and they don't like him.

Anyway this has gone way off topic.

I agree. Don't get me wrong. Plenty of scope for improving Villa's chances by being a clearing. The biggest clearing of all is probably Mourinho, and his record's not too bad.

You're right, this doesn't have much to do with Ilori, except maybe to say that what the manager says about him is probably in Villa's interests first and factual second.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

Â