Matija Šarkić

Danwichmann

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

So why the f*ck did we recall him? Even before Reina we had Nyland and Kalinic. Now we have Reina, Nyland, Sarkic, and Steer is due back soon. Ruining his career with our stupid decisions. 

“Ruining his career” by ending a loan with a Scottish club a few months early? A tad dramatic even for VillaTalk. Let’s just send him out on loan somewhere else now we have cover...

On 24/01/2020 at 18:23, Adam2003 said:

“Ruining his career” by ending a loan with a Scottish club a few months early? A tad dramatic even for VillaTalk. Let’s just send him out on loan somewhere else now we have cover...

He was doing well in Scotland and established himself as their starter after a rough start. He was learning and getting minutes. Now he is back to being our 4th choice keeper, and the transfer window closes in 4 days. Even if we loan him out again, there is no guarantee he will be starting like he was. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

He was doing well in Scotland and established himself as their starter after a rough start. He was learning and getting minutes. Now he is back to being our 4th choice keeper, and the transfer window closes in 4 days. Even if we loan him out again, there is no guarantee he will be starting like he was. 

I see your point - I still think it was the right move but I hope he gets another shot somewhere for the second half of the season. Really unusual situation for us to lose both Heaton and Steer long term this season so certainly feel for him.

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

They brought in another keeper from Championship I think

On 04/01/2020 at 10:24, rodders0223 said:

At which point Livingston might have sorted themselves out with a No.1

It is hard for a young keeper to get games and this was ideal. As tempting as it is I would not have recalled him.

Ding. Ding.

Should never have been recalled. A Brucey special. Ruining the development of one player in the small, small, small, small, small chance we would need him to sit in the stand for a few games.

We’ve had “ruining his career” and “ruining his development”.

We should send more players to Livingston if missing three months there has such a detrimental effect on a players’ future!

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

We’ve had “ruining his career” and “ruining his development”.

We should send more players to Livingston if missing three months there has such a detrimental effect on a players’ future!

It's dramatic, for sure, but it is very hard to find loans for goalkeepers where they will actually play football. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's dramatic, for sure, but it is very hard to find loans for goalkeepers where they will actually play football. 

Yeah I know and I did say the other day it’s a shame we recalled him early. Where I am more optimistic is in hoping that training with Reina will help him improve his game.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Can't we just say to him he'll be number two next season? Reina won't be staying, Heaton still not be fit and Jed Steer also gets injuries. Nyland done better this season but never seems to me DS has much faith in him. You could always sell one of them which we'd have to do anyway if we went down.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Can't we just say to him he'll be number two next season? Reina won't be staying, Heaton still not be fit and Jed Steer also gets injuries. Nyland done better this season but never seems to me DS has much faith in him. You could always sell one of them which we'd have to do anyway if we went down.

To be a number 2 is quite a big responsibility especially for a young keeper in my opinion. We are lucky to have as many good keepers as we have

• Like 1

Reality is he's not ready, maybe not even ready to be a PL number 2

We probably shouldn't have **** him about bringing him back but it's hard to know how the Reina deal developed 

Its disappointing because he might get to a decent level eventually but again in reality he will probably end up at a mid to lower SPL team do alright and from there could end up anywhere

Remember olejnik? 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

To be a number 2 is quite a big responsibility especially for a young keeper in my opinion. We are lucky to have as many good keepers as we have

Look at who hasn't made it at utd in the last 10 years

Sam Johnstone, Henderson will almost certainly be recalled and then offered around for £30m, Tom Heaton, pereira (Portugals starting U21 keeper for 2 years) ohara (2 caps for ROI) Ben Amos, Ron Robert zeiler 

And that's just those who were 3rd / 4th choice, when you start to look at the likes of Ben Foster who played 12 games in 5 years in his utd career, the list of number 2s who barely played is even more impressive 

Its a hard position to break through 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Look at who hasn't made it at utd in the last 10 years

Sam Johnstone, Henderson will almost certainly be recalled and then offered around for £30m, Tom Heaton, pereira (Portugals starting U21 keeper for 2 years) ohara (2 caps for ROI) Ben Amos, Ron Robert zeiler 

And that's just those who were 3rd / 4th choice, when you start to look at the likes of Ben Foster who played 12 games in 5 years in his utd career, the list of number 2s who barely played is even more impressive 

Its a hard position to break through 

I think you’re spot on 

Â