• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

But just a reminder. Patience padawan. We're still a brand new team. It's still August. Onwards and upwards.

Intellectually I know you are right. Emotionally this feels like the unending continuation of a five year nightmare.

Yeah and I get that too. People could be forgiven for thinking more of the same. But we know, and we've seen, that this is different and just needs to be allowed to develop.

Not seen anything, but that's an appalling result.

And this is a results business Tim.

2-1 away at Palace is far from an appalling result, especially if you haven't seen anything.

2-1 Palace would have been a popular prediction pre match amongst most with out the old Claret and Blue glasses.

A loss to Crystal Palace is an appalling result.

Unless of course we happy with battling at the bottom and being relegation candidates?

I'm not. I'm expecting better.

Shoot me.

Beaten by a team that's better and that's going to be mid-table so whatever. Our fight will be against Sunderland next week. 

I disagree. Don't think they were better first half. Certainly they bossed the second but that was down to Sherwood not making the correct substitutions at the appropriate time. I think we'll improve when the new signings have adapted and are potentially much better than that Palace side.

Wait, I thought it had been a good window?

Yeah Tim should never have signed that Jordan Agbonlahor or Jordan Bacuna.

Here's an idea BOF, and go with me on this.

How's about yeh, we sign a replacement for the 32.5m world class striker we just let go, and play our best right back in matches?

What you think pal? Bit far fetched?

what i find odd is that Palace are an attacking team who play a certain way, with width and counter attacking menace.

why drop Sinclair and Ayew who would have had more space and time on the ball, in favour of hoof ball to Gestede????

we really need Gil in midfield, this game would have been perfect for him.

Grealish was not the answer, possibly more due to fitness and lack of options in front of him

Pardew was generous, for once....said that we were the better team in the first half, but failed to capitalise......They changed things and never looked back.... we obviously had no answer to their changes and went with the status quo( where have we seen that before)

its funny how a 19 year old who is allegedly not yet ready for the Prem and another 19 year old coming back from injury....shows the only bit of spark on the day.....These seniors need to man up.

We all know that we are a work in progress team and we have to gel.....but the worry is, how long do we keep saying that.

Wait, I thought it had been a good window?

Yeah Tim should never have signed that Jordan Agbonlahor or Jordan Bacuna.
Here's an idea BOF, and go with me on this.

How's about yeh, we sign a replacement for the 32.5m world class striker we just let go, and play our best right back in matches?

What you think pal? Bit far fetched?

Agreed on right back. The rest is back to Lerner. We used Benteke to improve our entire squad. Can't have cake and eat it unless you've a willing owner.

:wacko:

Guzan ,Gabby and Bakunamatata need to go !

Like so many have said already SUBS !!!!! Needed.

Those three...it's so bloody obvious, surely Tim can see it....can't he
It's much easier to see it than to locate players who are better, want to come to Villa and get paid what they think they're worth.

Didnt see it but a 2-1 loss away to palace is not a shocking or surprising result. Tim signalled his intention by making Richards on field captain and Gabby club captain in that Gabby might be rotated a lot. Sounds like he was poor again and surely its time to take him out. Hope Tim agrees.

Im not so worried about Gestede being quiet. If our other attacking players do well he will be loitering in the box waiting to get on the end of something. He is never going to be the spark regardless.

Edited by kevpants

Thought we would lose tbf as palace are a decent team and will be difficult to beat this season. Did not see the game so can't comment too much but from what I have seen pre season and the start of this season I'm not impressed and unless we gel quickly it will be a shit season again, gabby was finished a few years ago he's absolute dog shite.

Pardew is a good manager. Made the changes necessary today and won the game. Amavi was unlucky, was a stupid risk to take, but he's young and will hopefully learn from that.

Need to do better going forward. 

• Like 1

Very disappointing result. I was expecting a win. After seeing how the second half was going I hoped for a draw. Gave away the match... In typical Villa fashion. Comedy of errors.

TS got it very wrong today imo. Should have NEVER taken Sanchez off. Gabby was clearly the player needing to sit when Adama came on, like for like. Could have kept our defensive shape with Sanchez staying on. TS also should have used at least one more sub, it was very obvious Villa was knackered at 75min mark. Very large gaps of space for Palace were conceded.

Don't understand the 'Westy was solid' consensus, he was quite poor. He struggled with pace playing out wide instead of his normal central DM, and his free kicks and corners in particular where absolutely dreadful. I felt both him and Gabby should have come off at 60min mark for fresh players.

Villa as a whole seemed a step slow most of the day. They held the ball too long, instead of moving the ball quickly letting the ball do the work. They tried to carry the ball into the space instead. When jack finally did get the ball he turned and had zero movement in front of him... No overlapping runs... Zero movement. Gabby is a statue, literally standing still with a man between the two of them. WTF is jack supposed to do?? You could see the frustration on Jacks face. Everyone is slating Gestede, but he is a target man, he will look poor if his pacy partner is not moving, pulling the defense out of shape. And that's exactly what we saw today. Partner Rudy with a more savy striker and Gestede will look much better imo.

On to the next match. UTV

Â