Adama Traore

mwj

4 hours ago, Genie said:

I saw that, so childish and small time. What did Pulis do? I just saw him kind of turn away. Wasn't it McManaman's first goal for 2 years? Hardly a record to be proud of.

Said something like "He was disappointed that I wasn't playing him at West Brom, so he moved to Sheffield Wednesday and they didn't play him and now they aren't playing him here either."

**** superb, to be fair to Tony.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's a good put-down, though it does rather raise the retort, 'well why the **** did you buy him for West Brom if he's so terrible'?

Does it?  Is every single signing always a success?

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's a good put-down, though it does rather raise the retort, 'well why the **** did you buy him for West Brom if he's so terrible'?

This was my first thought when I heard his comments too. Managers can get it wrong and buy a player that turns out to be crap, but the player should get more than a handful of starts, which I think McManamana (du duu du du du) got. 

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

No. So Tony Pulis' answer is 'I made a mistake because I inaccurately judged your ability' then?

I don't know what angle you're trying to get at here.  McManaman gave it the big one directly to Pulis' face after scoring.  Pulis' retort was that both he, and future managers, all don't think McManaman is worth starting in games.

Whether tacit admission of a failed signing or not, it's a great response to a player being a dickhead when having, basically, no real leg to stand on.

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't know what angle you're trying to get at here.  McManaman gave it the big one directly to Pulis' face after scoring.  Pulis' retort was that both he, and future managers, all don't think McManaman is worth starting in games.

Whether tacit admission of a failed signing or not, it's a great response to a player being a dickhead when having, basically, no real leg to stand on.

I don't really have an 'angle', except that I don't think it's such a brilliant put-down when he himself signed the player (the first one he signed!) for Albion. 

We might as well agree to disagree, it isn't actually important. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

Dave Kitson (TSF) claims Pulis is a vindictive prick and can't have him. McManaman as petty as it was seems to think similar...

Every manager I'm sure has players dislike them/hate them, but Pulis seems to drive a few of his ex-players to another level.

I really enjoy watching him play, he is like a throwback to an Under 10 game. He is alive when the ball is near him but when the ball is somewhere else he doesnt care at all

He's unplayable when he gets running. 

Fair play to him if he's starting to come good, but, Sherwood said something interesting (no that's not a typo) in the last couple of days that when he was here no-one else wanted to play with him (also said they did not want to play against him either).

I just think this will hold him back above all else ultimately. 

If, he became more of a team player and if, he keeps performing well then to be fair he could play for anyone. 

Â