Adama Traore

mwj

Looks like Pulis has told him to release the ball earlier. Fair play it was a good run.

I was watching him a few minutes earlier though. He lost the ball near their penalty area and Leeds broke. He just stood still as the play went into his own half. His teammates eventually managed to snuff the attack out. Then about 10 seconds later there was Adama ambling into the camera shot.

I would much rather have Albert & Snoddy. Team spirit can't be underestimated either. Maybe Traore is alright when things are going well but it seems obvious that when it's not going his way he doesn't exactly get his head down and dig in.

I hate it when someone does a lot of work leading up to a goal and they don't get recognition. 

Bamfords first touch was abysmal and the keeper should have saved the shot, when really it should have been passed back across goal for a tap in, then he proceeds to run off.. No wonder adama doesn't pass lol.

• Like 1

It gets recognition now. xG and xA aren't just stats for Match of the Day presenters and Fantasy Football types to obsess over, clubs monitor all of this stuff too (and to a much deeper level) so Adama will get his if he keeps playing well.  I'm glad he's found a bit of form. I still think if we go up then we were right to swap him for Adomah, while Albert might not be as flashy he's been consistently good for us this year and chipped in with a lot of important goals. 

• Like 1

Didn't see the game yesterday but heard he smashed it. Keep his form and he will be top 4 premier league player soon enough. You don't have that much pace power and ability and stay in the Championships 

Hope the club were savy enough to agree a future transfer fee. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn't see the game yesterday but heard he smashed it. Keep his form and he will be top 4 premier league player soon enough. You don't have that much pace power and ability and stay in the Championships 

Hope the club were savy enough to agree a future transfer fee. 

Massively OTT. How about he shows that he can play like this at premier league level first.

Yeah having a few good games in the championship means little. This league isn't very good in my opinion. 

That goes for all our players too. The step up to the premier league is big. The step up into the top 6 is huge. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

I think he showed he could be dangerous in Premier League in his brief cameos for us.

Problem was his decision making was awful at times which be seems to be improving. Lots of pacy players never improve that, looking at you Theo Walcott

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Do we have a sell on Clause?

Yes, from what Tony Xia tweeted after we sold him. Good news if and when Boro sell him!

Traore's performance yesterday was superb! As ever it is the consistency he needs to work on but if he get it what a player he may turn out to be.

7 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Yes, from what Tony Xia tweeted after we sold him. Good news if and when Boro sell him!

Traore's performance yesterday was superb! As ever it is the consistency he needs to work on but if he get it what a player he may turn out to be.

Then I want him to do well as it benefits us greatly if he goes for big money 

Massive potential for his age.

Think about how we rate Grealish and how poor some of his contributions have been at times over the years.

He's young. Already shown he can be dangerous in the Premier League.

He's one I would have liked us to keep, but obviously not meant to be.

To say he will end up at a top 4 club is not OTT imo.

Albrighton left to win the league. Delph the same. Stranger things have happened.

Just ****' better not be Jack Grealish next, that would hurt the heart.

11 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Think about how we rate Grealish and how poor some of his contributions have been at times over the years.

He's young. Already shown he can be dangerous in the Premier League.

Eh? Grealish has played under 7/8 managers and different coaching staff in about 4 years. No wonder he hasn't shown consistency until this season.

I don't remember Traore performing well in the PL. He got relegated with Boro.

Pulis has got him performing for about 5 games recently but I don't believe the guy has the aptitude to play for a top club however gifted he may be as an athlete. He may even play his way into a move to a top club but he won't be a success.

42 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Eh? Grealish has played under 7/8 managers and different coaching staff in about 4 years. No wonder he hasn't shown consistency until this season.

I don't remember Traore performing well in the PL. He got relegated with Boro.

Pulis has got him performing for about 5 games recently but I don't believe the guy has the aptitude to play for a top club however gifted he may be as an athlete. He may even play his way into a move to a top club but he won't be a success.

What was the first thing that happened when he came on for us?

If that's not a sign of potential at his age I don't know what is.

My point was not to be critical of Grealish, it was to highlight that players, at their age, are rarely consistent.

Â