Adama Traore

mwj

6 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

What was the first thing that happened when he came on for us?

He barely played all season because of his attitude/application (under 3 different managers so it wasn't just a personality clash with one.)

We then got relegated, he refused to even wear the shirt of my great football club and he was rightly sold. He has done the sum of f**k all since he left (apart from get relegated again) and the last 4/5 games he has had a good run. 

Please come back to Aston Villa Adama we were so wrong, pleeeeeeeeeeease come back.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

He barely played all season because of his attitude/application (under 3 different managers so it wasn't just a personality clash with one.)

We then got relegated, he refused to even wear the shirt of my great football club and he was rightly sold. He has done the sum of f**k all since he left (apart from get relegated again) and the last 4/5 games he has had a good run. 

Please come back to Aston Villa Adama we were so wrong, pleeeeeeeeeeease come back.

Settle down, Sunshine.

You make some understandable points and I can see why he might not be in your good book.

4 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Settle down, Sunshine.

You make some understandable points and I can see why he might not be in your good book.

I don’t see how he can be in any Villa fan’s good books. 

He was utterly shite for us, and he was a total word removed to boot. 

He has bags of potential, But the only way he’ll realise it is by developing a footballing brain, which he totally lacks. 

He MIGHT be amazing. But I doubt it. 

There is no denying we did the right thing in swapping him for Adomah. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t see how he can be in any Villa fan’s good books. 

He was utterly shite for us, and he was a total word removed to boot. 

He has bags of potential, But the only way he’ll realise it is by developing a footballing brain, which he totally lacks. 

He MIGHT be amazing. But I doubt it. 

There is no denying we did the right thing in swapping him for Adomah. 

He's certainly not in my bad books.

I wasn't at the training ground or directly involved with the club outside of watching the football on the weekend.

I don't know what transpired and I'm sure Adama has his reasons as we have ours.

Completely agree we made the right swap. I don't think I've said anything otherwise.

Sure, I would've like to of kept Adama, I think he's an exciting prospect and I enjoy seeing youth develop, as I hope to see O'Hare, Davis and Grealish fulfill their potential here.

It didn't work out, I'll live.

I don't see how he even has potential. He is fast but other than that a terrible footballer. One of the dumbest players I've ever seen. I've seen people say he could play for a top 4 PL side. Laughable. 

Edited by tommybread

Tim's been talking about him!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11680/11270778/adama-traore-at-middlesbrough-8216he-could-play-for-manchester-city8217

Adama Traore’s is free to play for Middlesbrough on Friday night after his red card against Sunderland was rescinded. With the help of Traore’s first coach in England, Adam Bate looks at why that is bad news for Leeds now that the winger is flying under Tony Pulis…

"He could go and play for Manchester City tomorrow," Tim Sherwood tells Sky Sports.

"Not Manchester United as he's not necessarily a Jose Mourinho player, but he could be a Pep Guardiola player and play free and loose. He could probably set the world alight. He has got those qualities. He is eye-catching and he gets people on the edge of their seats."

Pulis is not famed for giving freedom to his players but it has not taken him long to realise that he has something to work with in Traore. "If he understands what he's got in the bag, then he could be a top, top player," said Pulis soon after his Boxing Day appointment.

The results have been dramatic. Prior to Pulis's arrival, Traore's three seasons in England had not even yielded a league goal. He has since scored three, including both in the 2-1 win over Reading. Last time out at home, he provided a brilliant assist for Rudy Gestede against Hull.

That was his role under Sherwood too and, while the former Aston Villa boss describes Traore as someone who "can dribble through holes", he shared those same reservations about the player. "When he first came in, he was obviously new to the level," he explains.

"To be honest, he had been playing in Segunda B in Spain, which is a very poor league. That was his first experience of men's football. To come over and go straight into the Premier League was a big ask. Some of the best players in the world take time to settle.

"It was very difficult in the position we were in to give him a run in the team because he wasn't that well respected. The biggest compliment I can pay him, if it is a compliment, is that the players didn't want to play with him, but nobody wanted to play against him either.

"He wants the ball to himself but he dribbles in the wrong areas at times. He's got to learn because he was turning the ball over where it was easier to pass it. You never knew what you were going to get from him. He was full of power and pace but lacked end product."

26 minutes ago, tommybread said:

I don't see how he even has potential. He is fast but other than that a terrible footballer. One of the dumbest players I've ever seen. I've seen people say he could play for a top 4 PL side. Laughable. 

Out of interest where do Obertan and Bebe rate on the dumb scale?

Easily two of the worst attacking players to play for big 4 clubs in last 10 years.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Out of interest where do Obertan and Bebe rate on the dumb scale?

Easily two of the worst attacking players to play for big 4 clubs in last 10 years.

I'm sure Bebe was a crude attempt at money laundering! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm sure Bebe was a crude attempt at money laundering! 

Careful now.....

All I remember of Bebe is him coming on for United in one game at half time, overhitting a few crosses and then being subbed off 20 minutes later.

Wasn't that when Jorge Mendes was regularly flogging players to Man. United. I wonder if Bebe will turn up at Wolves next season?

I believe he has won championship player of the month.

In very good form and showing his potential. Think he moves on in the summer, be interesting to see the size of the club that takes the gamble. 

• Like 1

If he has any sense (which thus far is debatable) he should stay with the manager and training staff that he is finding some success with (albeit 5 games worth of success.) Get a bit of stability in his life and career.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Go to Man City and play "free and loose"?????

Man City are the most well drilled, perfectly balanced side I think I have ever watched in the PL. They win because every single player is drilled to know exaclly what their role is with and without the ball.  They are brilliant, organised to perfection to not only retain possession but to win possession. In what way do they ever play "fast and loose."

THE GUY IS A **** MORON.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Go to Man City and play "free and loose"?????

Man City are the most well drilled, perfectly balanced side I think I have ever watched in the PL. They win because every single player is drilled to know exaclly what their role is with and without the ball.  They are brilliant, organised to perfection to not only retain possession but to win possession. In what way do they ever play "fast and loose."

THE GUY IS A **** MORON.

PASSSSHON

• Like 1

Yep, his sheer pace and power means he can run rings round most teams in this league. Problem for him is the Premier League is a massive step up, and unless he's improved on how he thinks the game he's only ever going to be an occasional impact player.

And although pundits always give the cliche response about the Championship being this tough, physical league, players in the Prem are overall faster, stronger and fitter, so his physical advantages are slightly lessened.

We saw when he was in the Prem for both us and Boro that once teams wised up to what he wanted to do, they would just bottle up the chance for him to run, and take advantage of the fact he was clueless defensively. 

I'm pretty sure Boro still switch the wing he is on at HT so he's always on the bench side and they can coach him through the game - so looks like they still think he has a lot to learn.

• Like 1

Â